Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19721 - 19740 of 19827 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT
32 Posts
Replaced the radiator hoses and the coolant of my 95 5.8. 3 mins for the upper hose, and 3 hours for the lower hose, and damn that oil cooler extension. At least I could do it myself and looks like there is no leak...

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
39 Posts
Looks nice. I went with stock replacements last year. Halogen bulbs? I went with Sylvania zXe halogen bulbs and they are nice and bright white. This is daytime low beams.
Nah slightly upgraded standard bulbs for now. The deer here in Michigan are waay too numerous for worn out headlights. Trust me my wife would of preffered I did what you did... I normally agree but something told me to give the truck a little twist.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
Nah slightly upgraded standard bulbs for now. The deer here in Michigan are waay too numerous for worn out headlights. Trust me my wife would of preffered I did what you did... I normally agree but something told me to give the truck a little twist.
Where in MI are you? I’m near Auburn Hills - NW of Detroit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ain't been on here in a while. Few weeks ago, a week before starting my new job, I fell moving logs and nearly broke my back. Lost my balance on some logs I was putting a strap around and feel with all my body weight against a 5" around stump. Laid there in shock for a good 15min alone at the house. Went to urgent Care later. X-ray showed 3 cracked ribs. While dealing with that the weekend of my new job I got some insane infection in my throat. Swelled up so bad I could barely swallow and eat. On top of that the wife and kid came down with something that same weekend. So, started my first day on the job in pain and could barely talk. It was great.

View attachment 158614

Anywho,

Added an extra visor clip so the damn thing would stop whopping me in the head when I was trying to block the sun.

Not sure if I like the clip upside-down yet. Figured it'd be easier and more handsfree to put into that position. May end up falling out and trying to knock sense into me again.
It's good to hear that your still in one piece.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I made this “tool” today to screw into the spark plug hole to pressurize the cylinder for changing valve springs with the heads on. I don’t have a compression tester, or anything to pump air in, so I made this with some small pipe fittings I had, and an old spark plug. After I cut off the bottom electrode and knocked out the porcelain, I tapped the ID with a 1/8-27 NPT tap.
View attachment 159425

View attachment 159426

View attachment 159427

View attachment 159428
Nice!

·
Man of endless projects
9,056 Posts
installed a pair of G2 D60 30spine lockouts on the 96. look pretty good for a cheap lockout less than half price of Warn. jsut not sure how watertight they will be

painted and installed my dually paddy tires on my 88 finally. also put on a rebuilt rear driveshaft. i will say that it looks kinda goofy in person being as narrow as they are but i think that functionally it will be almost unstoppable. still need to find something for the front to go with them. these tires have a kinda low load capacity and im not sure if i should put them on the front or find an actual tractor tire

i was really worried about needing to cut out the wheel wells or add wheels spacers. but really i had plenty of room with just the dually axle, could probably have used a SRW axle and still been OK. but now it looks like i need to lower the truck or remove the body lift. tires look so small. they are jsut 36" tires with 9" of lift

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,810 Posts
Awesome; fellow 10.25 dually brotha! 😎 (y)

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1994 Ford Bronco XL 5.0L
1,810 Posts
installed a pair of G2 D60 30spine lockouts on the 96. look pretty good for a cheap lockout less than half price of Warn. jsut not sure how watertight they will be

painted and installed my dually paddy tires on my 88 finally. also put on a rebuilt rear driveshaft. i will say that it looks kinda goofy in person being as narrow as they are but i think that functionally it will be almost unstoppable. still need to find something for the front to go with them. these tires have a kinda low load capacity and im not sure if i should put them on the front or find an actual tractor tire

i was really worried about needing to cut out the wheel wells or add wheels spacers. but really i had plenty of room with just the dually axle, could probably have used a SWR axle and still been OK. but now it looks like i need to lower the truck or remove the body lift. tires look so small. they are jsut 36" tires with 9" of lift

View attachment 159544 View attachment 159545 View attachment 159546 View attachment 159547
What's the tread width on one rear tire?

And width of outer tread to inner tread of both together as pictured?

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,191 Posts
Deer whistlers help.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
Due to my recently found broken exhaust manifold stud (and accompanying slight exhaust leak), I ordered a new bolt/stud kit and a fresh bottle of anti-seize. Considering a smog delete also - not sure - I’ll probably leave it intact - I like having things work like they should. I’m gonna try to remount the manifold without a gasket like from factory - would a thin smear of grease or high temp rtv be recommended or just go metal to metal?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Do they? I remember my grandpa had those on his delta 88. Maybe I'll have to add em
They do...I put them on every vehicle I've owned and u can literally see them run away from the sound up to a half mile away... I'll watch other cars pass them and they don't budge.. The closer I get heads pop up looking for the sound and they dart for the tree line. Pa deer are bad. Very brave, and stupid. I've had too many friends trash their rigs because of them. I'm not gonna be one of them. I put mine on under the push bars on my front bumper. Seeing as how I still needed to repaint my grill I didn't wanna put them somewhere they'd just have to be removed from in 6 months.
img_1589828181399.jpg

These are the ones I get. Like $6 at Advanced Auto... Inexpensive insurance policy 👍
20200518_150532.jpg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
186 Posts
I went for a drive...to test my new awesome windshield blades. Tried to book a room at the Al Capone Suite and play some golf @ Clinton Course...but they saw my old brick and threatened me with arrest if I didn’t vacate pronto.
Wipers wipe and even the washer works too!!
13B6625A-99E0-4D09-8AEE-56BD725914AC.jpeg
10579572-D7CC-4542-A7D7-C38C4419A9D4.jpeg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
186 Posts
There ain’t no deer here, except Key Deer in the FL Keys. The Glades deer, sadly, pythons are eating them. Not many left.

But my Bronco sports the latest in Deer Avoidance Technology...state of the art, it is! Works great....‘cause I ain’t seen one! 😂
3B4CAFCB-D9DA-487B-8B81-2FDD10122E0E.jpeg
D61B7771-577D-405B-8D0A-D18421DB9C3B.jpeg

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
27 Posts
No today but on Saturday, i pulled all the vinyl and padding under the driver/passenger area in prep for new Killmat, jute padding and vinyl. Still have to use a heat gun and scraper to get the OEM stuff off, grind off what little surface rust there is and seal it.

~Erik

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
No today but on Saturday, i pulled all the vinyl and padding under the driver/passenger area in prep for new Killmat, jute padding and vinyl. Still have to use a heat gun and scraper to get the OEM stuff off, grind off what little surface rust there is and seal it.

~Erik
No pix?

19721 - 19740 of 19827 Posts