Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19741 - 19760 of 19827 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
186 Posts
@MS88Bronc Those are Hemingway 6 toed cats, google it.
He had a few, Dude prolly gave mom/dad cat Cuban rum instead of water and the 6 toed cats came about.....that's my theory.

The chickens were released by Bahamian settlers. They mostly are in that area of town. If they venture to into the working boat dock yards near by....they're dinner!

What's funny is that the cats and chickens chill out together...
It's Key West afterall...anything goes!

Except all them damn feral flea bitten cats and obnoxiously loud roosters!

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,305 Posts
@MS88Bronc Those are Hemingway 6 toed cats, google it.
He had a few, Dude prolly gave mom/dad cat Cuban rum instead of water and the 6 toed cats came about.....
Yeah I know about the Hemingway cats - my wife has been bugging me for one for years, especially when we were there lol. We saw them all around Hemingway’s house.

Those damn roosters would be hanging all around the gas stations and convenience stores bugging people for a handout (of food).

·
Ultra Premium Member
1996 EB w/5.8 TOO much lift, 44" Mudders & 5:43-5:38's
4,875 Posts
Great...another thread I phuckin got unsubscribed to, seriously, WTF?????

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well I had to use the bronco to pull some bushes, ended up having to jump it. Let it trickle charge overnight and drove it to work.

On the way I couldn't get the cruise control to work, again. I had power at the steering wheel so it had to be something else. Decided to try and jump the pressure switch at the master cylinder. Well, that sumbitch was leaking into the connector. Come to find out I still have the red switch and am due the recall.

Pulled the fuse and drove home. Gonna get Ford to put in a new one and bleed my brakes (they need it).

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
309 Posts
Haven’t done much with it in about a month. Cranked her up and drove to the gas station and gym and remembered I need to fix my fuel gauge and oil gauge. Oil pressure gauge reads low all the time and the fuel gauge is below e. Also experienced some weird “choking” when i was cruising and would try and give it gas. After a second or two it would get moving just fine. Guess I’ll replace the fuel filter since I’ve had one for a while. Also ordered a nice head unit for it just now!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.0L EFI AOD Manual Hubs
27 Posts
Not much of a "before and after guy" but i think that is going to change.
I remodeled my entire house and only took a couple of pics to show. Here are the before pics of inside. I will post in progress most likely this weekend. Thanks!
~Erik
IMG_0782.JPG
IMG_0783.JPG

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some more paint work...I’m trying.

found more rust than what shows. So decided to paint over for now. New quarters when the cash comes around.

Attachments

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
186 Posts
@Bransom49 Looks really nice. I see you’re running Outlaws IIs!!
@elovlie I can’t see too good, old eyes and an old iPhone 6...but man, I hope that’s glue/carpet adhesive and not rust!!! (In the cargo area)

·
Registered
27 Posts
@elovlie I can’t see too good, old eyes and an old iPhone 6...but man, I hope that’s glue/carpet adhesive and not rust!!! (In the cargo area)
@Joecruiser that is the heat/sound shield from the factory i believe. That stuff came up real easy. There is a bit of rust...mostly surface rust that i am taking off with a 80 grit flapper wheel they a couple of coats of auto primer then monstaliner. I saw @BroncMom results so i figured i would give it a try!
IMG_1386.JPG
IMG_1383.JPG
IMG_1382.JPG
IMG_1385.JPG
IMG_1384.JPG

I just might do that!
~Erik

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,191 Posts
@Joecruiser that is the heat/sound shield from the factory i believe. That stuff came up real easy. There is a bit of rust...mostly surface rust that i am taking off with a 80 grit flapper wheel they a couple of coats of auto primer then monstaliner. I saw @BroncMom results so i figured i would give it a try! View attachment 159671 View attachment 159672 View attachment 159673 View attachment 159674 View attachment 159675 View attachment 159671 View attachment 159672 View attachment 159673 View attachment 159674 View attachment 159675
Ur tub looks better then mine when I started.
20190913_192536~2.jpg

But cleaned up and primed nicely. Make sure you cover/tape off your interior glass/surfaces if your using rattle can primer or you'll have an aerosol mess to clean up off everything u didn't want primer'd. I have the whole process in my build thread. Broncmoms82resto

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
90 Posts
New sending unit. My fuel guage works now! Replaced parking brake pedal assembly. I can leave my truck running when I open my gate without it rolling off! Put on new/used wheels and tires. Such tires! Much Truck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ur tub looks better then mine when I started.
View attachment 159700
But cleaned up and primed nicely. Make sure you cover/tape off your interior glass/surfaces if your using rattle can primer or you'll have an aerosol mess to clean up off everything u didn't want primer'd. I have the whole process in my build thread. Broncmoms82resto
I was pleasantly surprised when i pulled it back, good thing it was under a carport for all these years! Thanks for the advise @BroncMom i will go through your build thread.
~Erik

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
309 Posts

Received my head unit, window bead tool to replace side window trim and oil sending unit along with new oem gas cap. Fuel sending unit should be here tomorrow along with all new Energy body mounts.
“One piece at a time”~Johnny Cash

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,305 Posts

Received my head unit, window bead tool to replace side window trim and oil sending unit along with new oem gas cap. Fuel sending unit should be here tomorrow along with all new Energy body mounts.
“One piece at a time”~Johnny Cash

Alpine makes good units. I put one in my old 88 and was happy with it. Did you get the Alpine power pack amp to go with it?
My old one:

For me today, I drove it again to test for vibration - nothing still. (y)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Alpine makes good units. I put one in my old 88 and was happy with it. Did you get the Alpine power pack amp to go with it?
My old one:

For me today, I drove it again to test for vibration - nothing still. (y)
That looks identical to this one. I haven’t bought the amp yet but I’m going to. Planning on using it to push my door and rear deck Polk speakers. Also going with a kicker sub in the back. Plan is to get all the materials, strip the interior, install body mounts and insulation, install system and put it all back together!!

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,305 Posts
That looks identical to this one. I haven’t bought the amp yet but I’m going to. Planning on using it to push my door and rear deck Polk speakers. Also going with a kicker sub in the back. Plan is to get all the materials, strip the interior, install body mounts and insulation, install system and put it all back together!!

I have Polk Audio speakers in my current rig. They’re good speakers.

19741 - 19760 of 19827 Posts