Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

19881 - 19894 of 19894 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks great! Where did you source the new rubber?
Thank you!

Believe it or not that’s original. I cleaned it with Greased Lightening, there was so much sand and dust in the grooves it was unbelievable, then used 303 liberally and let it soak overnight. Looks brand new.

·
Registered
223 Posts
adjusted carb idle, not running near as rich. adjusted the accelerator pump sunday, so she doesn't stumble as bad, with the combo of the two, the stumble is nearly gone. went poking around underneath, have a starting issue, could be in the column or the NSS, bought a new cylinder, need to order the switch and the NSS, then start part swapping.

Also discovered today that the PO has done a 3G alt swap already, and mini starter upgrade. found brand new roller rockers under the covers saturday.

still have a grinding in the I think rear end, need to rebuild rear brakes. I washed it yesterday but noticed alot of crud on the front rims today, so I need to pull those and check the pads. it has new calipers/pads/flex line/rotors. alignment needs done as well.

I have a long road ahead, but she is being pretty roadworthy right now, which is what I need. lots of upgrades/fixes planned next few months.

still have a hot start issue to resolve as well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Waiting on my replacement ECM to come - so I tore the dash shell out of the 96 parts Bronco. The 95 shell is tore up on the inner structure. Looks someone used an axe handle, two screwdrivers and a lighter to pry the instrument cluster out at some point in its life.

Repaired / plastic welded the one crack in the 96 shell - good thing it's hidden by trim when installed.

Repaired and beefed up from the back side.

Now to start pulling the dash shell out of the 95....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Waiting on my replacement ECM to come - so I tore the dash shell out of the 96 parts Bronco. The 95 shell is tore up on the inner structure. Looks someone used an axe handle, two screwdrivers and a lighter to pry the instrument cluster out at some point in its life.

View attachment 165239

Repaired / plastic welded the one crack in the 96 shell - good thing it's hidden by trim when installed.

View attachment 165240

Repaired and beefed up from the back side.

View attachment 165241

Now to start pulling the dash shell out of the 95....
I have pulled a dash out of a bronco before... but how do you get the shell out without pulling the aluminum bracket on the driver side . If possible @ctandc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have pulled a dash out of a bronco before... but how do you get the shell out without pulling the aluminum bracket on the driver side . If possible @ctandc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm about halfway pulling the 95 shell out. It comes out without moving the dash "structure" (vent housings etc). Just the small 7/8mm bolts all around the bottom, the top by the windshield, (2) under where the gauge cluster mounts, 2 or 3 that are visible after you pull the dash pad, and the two bolts that hold the shell on - one either end (you have to loosen the alum bracket to move the dash around a bit to get to them).....and one of the ones visible after removing dash pad actually comes in from behind the vent, so you take off the RH bolt that hold the dash in, move the dash out a bit, then reach in behind with a 1/4" ratchet.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Got the dash shell out of the 95.

Wish I'd have know there is AT LEAST one broken dash mounting point - I would have pulled the entire assembly as one piece from the 96 - oh well......

The top of the 95 dash shell was broken in multiple places, couldn't tell until I started taking it apart. It also had a previous owner / mechanic "repair" on the RH dash mounting point

Will head out to the 96 parts truck and pull the inner dash out of it - it's not broken at all from what I can tell. It's a 25 year old truck - guess that comes with the territory.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I called several repair shops A machine shop and even a junkyard to find the best solution to my engine needs... I need to call the junkyard back tomorrow and ask if they have any 351w or 300 sixes that I can swap in until I get my motor built.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I called several repair shops A machine shop and even a junkyard to find the best solution to my engine needs... I need to call the junkyard back tomorrow and ask if they have any 351w or 300 sixes that I can swap in until I get my motor built.
What's in it now?

19881 - 19894 of 19894 Posts