Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  TheBandit704 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#21,542 ·
Took my Bronco to get it aligned at a TireShop and they F’d it all up. My regular alignment shop was booked this week so I thought I would just hit another shop up down the road. Now it is literally dangerous to drive over 40mph. The Camber, Caster and Toe is all off, visually, that’s how bad. They even had it for two days. They dropped it off today and tried to blame it on steering play in the box and told me they could be adjusted. I told them I just installed a redhead 4 bolt so it’s not my steering box. Now I am wondering if they played with the adjustment bolt and F’d it up. I will break some heads if they did. Called me regular guys up and made an appointment for next week, the soonest I could get in. Next time I will wait for my tried and true shop.

Reactions: cwegga
#21,543 ·
P.S. - I was so pissed about the alignment I jumped online and bought a borgeson steering shaft to get rid of my old rag joint shaft.

#21,544 ·
P.S. - I was so pissed about the alignment I jumped online and bought a borgeson steering shaft to get rid of my old rag joint shaft.
I believe that redhead and blue top both put a dab of paint on the lash adjustment screw and jam nut to tell if it’s been messed with, so check that. If it’s boogered up, make that shop pay for a new gearbox.

#21,545 ·
The posts are going in order, its just the count itself that is having a freak-out. We ran cache clears over the weekend, but that didn't seem to help. I'll escalate again.

-Mike
I was seeing posts from the last page, a second time. Not seeing it now. Though the dates and count are still f'ed up

#21,546 ·
Did a bit of wiring last night for my new alternator. My alternator bracket needs just a touch of clearance grinding.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Went to the local auto sound shop and picked up some 1/0 hypertwist wire (no bulk 2ga) and some ring terminals. Same shop that has an autographed Alma Gates (look it up) poster. Owner loves my bronco.

Wired in to a 225amp mega fuse. Ran out of room on the fender so its on the wheel well. Lots of 1/0 wire in that little area lol, with my big grounds and starter cable. I think ive added more wires than this bronco came with!

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Cable Electrical supply Gas

Goodbye voltage regulator and fubar wiring!
Road surface Wood Floor Flooring Asphalt

#21,547 ·
I believe that redhead and blue top both put a dab of paint on the lash adjustment screw and jam nut to tell if it’s been messed with, so check that. If it’s boogered up, make that shop pay for a new gearbox.
@MS88Bronc - Thanks. I went out looked at the adjustments screw and jam nut closely and didn't notice any marking indications, scribes or paint. Hopefully, they didn't try to cinch it down and are just searching for reasons to justify their shitty work.

#21,551 ·
View attachment 177402
Took the shock tower out so drilling the head will be easier.
I hate removing stuff from cars that make them no longer movable but it has to be done.
Replaced reverse light bulbs.
Jeez, what is that, 5 broken off? For me, that might have just been a “pull the head” situation lol. Good luck man - looks like a tough job.

#21,553 ·
Jeez, what is that, 5 broken off? For me, that might have just been a “pull the head” situation lol. Good luck man - looks like a tough job.
Lol, I would have made it an excuse to buy new heads!

Dumbass diesel tech students would always bring us, over at the machinist class, blocks and heads with broken bolts that they had fubar'd and begged for our help. A grinder, left handed drill bit, and a chasing tap works like a charm.

#21,554 ·
Yes 5 broken off.
I tried all possible techniques to no avail. My friend also tried with the conventional methods(heat, impact, penetrant, welding). We now have to just drill progressively wider holes until we hit the threads. At that point be a bit creative with a pick and a tap.

The only thing I wish I could have tried first is heat on the head and quickly the Locktite freeze in a can onto the stud then try to spin it. Saw that on Youtube last night. Was a 351 Windsor, so also the cast iron heads.

#21,555 ·
Yes 5 broken off.
I tried all possible techniques to no avail. My friend also tried with the conventional methods(heat, impact, penetrant, welding). We now have to just drill progressively wider holes until we hit the threads. At that point be a bit creative with a pick and a tap.

The only thing I wish I could have tried first is heat on the head and quickly the Locktite freeze in a can onto the stud then try to spin it. Saw that on Youtube last night. Was a 351 Windsor, so also the cast iron heads.
Have you ever tried the left handed drill bit? It will usually grab hold and back the bolt out.

That computer duster air in a can, turned upside down gets SUPER COLD, never head of loctite freeze in a can. Be careful to not crack a head...

#21,557 ·
Have you ever tried the left handed drill bit? It will usually grab hold and back the bolt out.

That computer duster air in a can, turned upside down gets SUPER COLD, never head of loctite freeze in a can. Be careful to not crack a head...
I've never tried drilling stuck bolts before. Well once a starter bolt but quickly gave up because it was on a parking lot trying to help a friend haha.
I'm looking forward to it however. Sure I can try a left handed bit if I find it at Ace.
Here's the video with the freeze can though:

#21,559 ·
Received my new Borgensen steering shaft (000985) from Summit Racing today. Always feel like Christmas when I receive a Summit Racing package.