Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  TheBandit704 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#21,982 ·
Guess my big deal is getting supplies ordered to change windscreen on my white Bronco. Scheduled for change out for Friday. It was time after being broken since 1998.

#21,983 ·
Ahh, the joys of Bronco ownership: First, I jumped in the black '96 to mail some bills and pick up some prescriptions from the Walgreens drive up. Got to the mail box drop off and the damn driver's side window wouldn't go down, so I got out of the truck and put the bills in the drop box. Not wanting to embarrass myself at the Walgreens drive up, I went back home and got the other Bronco, great idea, except I first had to put on a new license plate as I haven't driven it in a week and a half (since my birthday). Grabbed a screwdriver, as Michigan requires one to replace the physical plate every 10 years, and this was my 10th anniversary with the green '94. The temperature in Michigan was 90°, humidity to match. Changed the plate, and fired up the green one, and remembered that every year I need to put in two cans of R134a and it will be fine for the rest of the summer. I hadn't put in the requisite two cans of R134a yet this year, so, in hopefulness, I turned on the A/C and sure enough, it needed the R134a. But, the windows work in the green one, so I made it to Walgreens. Then in the heat of the day I added the annual two cans of R134a. Air temperature at the vents is coming out at 70°, so that's fixed for now. The window motor for the black one will have to wait for another day as today it was hot, humid, and then it rained. I can see the voltage drop when I attempt to lower the window, so the switch is good, but the motor or something else mechanical is keeping it from moving.

#21,984 ·
Ahh, the joys of Bronco ownership: First, I jumped in the black '96 to mail some bills and pick up some prescriptions from the Walgreens drive up. Got to the mail box drop off and the damn driver's side window wouldn't go down, so I got out of the truck and put the bills in the drop box. Not wanting to embarrass myself at the Walgreens drive up, I went back home and got the other Bronco, great idea, except I first had to put on a new license plate as I haven't driven it in a week and a half (since my birthday). Grabbed a screwdriver, as Michigan requires one to replace the physical plate every 10 years, and this was my 10th anniversary with the green '94. The temperature in Michigan was 90°, humidity to match. Changed the plate, and fired up the green one, and remembered that every year I need to put in two cans of R134a and it will be fine for the rest of the summer. I hadn't put in the requisite two cans of R134a yet this year, so, in hopefulness, I turned on the A/C and sure enough, it needed the R134a. But, the windows work in the green one, so I made it to Walgreens. Then in the heat of the day I added the annual two cans of R134a. Air temperature at the vents is coming out at 70°, so that's fixed for now. The window motor for the black one will have to wait for another day as today it was hot, humid, and then it rained. I can see the voltage drop when I attempt to lower the window, so the switch is good, but the motor or something else mechanical is keeping it from moving.
Always an adventure 👍

#21,986 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror
I drove my truck today. Its raining again in north ala. I took the side windows out of my shell purposfully. A hard top convertable perhaps. So i drove truck so rain wont come in the back. So when the rain quits here in north ala i will get back into my bronco (-:

#21,988 ·
Checked the oil, filled the washer fluid and getting ready to take a 4 hour drive south to Walla Walla, WA to visit my bro stuck in the state penitentiary tomorrow afternoon. Had my credit/debit card info stolen over the weekend, so I had to have it cancelled and chop it up. 2 weeks waiting for a replacement... so finding a hotel room to rent w/out a credit card of some kind should prove interesting. Would have put it off after the CC debacle but scheduling a visit at the penitentiary is a pain and being my first, I can't flake out or it will probably reflect on future visit scheduling. Grabbed my laptop. Might be able to log in tonight from a hotel/motel... if I can find one that'll let me stay with cash only. Bronco should be good to go but might end up being my room for the night. Wish me luck folks. 🍻 (y)

#21,990 ·
Taking th
Checked the oil, filled the washer fluid and getting ready to take a 4 hour drive south to Walla Walla, WA to visit my bro stuck in the state penitentiary tomorrow afternoon. Had my credit/debit card info stolen over the weekend, so I had to have it cancelled and chop it up. 2 weeks waiting for a replacement... so finding a hotel room to rent w/out a credit card of some kind should prove interesting. Would have put it off after the CC debacle but scheduling a visit at the penitentiary is a pain and being my first, I can't flake out or it will probably reflect on future visit scheduling. Grabbed my laptop. Might be able to log in tonight from a hotel/motel... if I can find one that'll let me stay with cash only. Bronco should be good to go but might end up being my room for the night. Wish me luck folks. 🍻 (y)
Wife and i areTaking the grandkids to gulf shores end of july in my 83. Went to PCB in it in this past sept

#21,991 ·
Checked the oil, filled the washer fluid and getting ready to take a 4 hour drive south to Walla Walla, WA to visit my bro stuck in the state penitentiary tomorrow afternoon. Had my credit/debit card info stolen over the weekend, so I had to have it cancelled and chop it up. 2 weeks waiting for a replacement... so finding a hotel room to rent w/out a credit card of some kind should prove interesting. Would have put it off after the CC debacle but scheduling a visit at the penitentiary is a pain and being my first, I can't flake out or it will probably reflect on future visit scheduling. Grabbed my laptop. Might be able to log in tonight from a hotel/motel... if I can find one that'll let me stay with cash only. Bronco should be good to go but might end up being my room for the night. Wish me luck folks. [emoji482] (y)
Bastards got my CC a couple weeks ago as well. [emoji35]Had the you-know-what's to buy an Amtrak ticket! Bank didn't care... but two weeks is insane. Found out Sunday afternoon and had a new card in hand mid-day Tuesday.

Keep it between the mustard and the mayonnaise and we'll see you on the flip side.

Reactions: BikerPepe`
#21,992 ·
Put new wipers on it. I haven't changed them out since 2017. They blades had literally rotted off.

#21,997 ·
I wish I would have seen this sooner, Walla Walla is only 1.5 hours from me, and I would have set you up with a place to stay w/o cc... side note... a lot of places are accepting Apple Pay now along with the Google equivalent as well as Venmo.
I lost my wallet in the middle of my Memorial Day trip, and I was still able to get all my necessities with Apple Pay and/or Venmo.

#21,998 ·
Good luck Pepe Hope your brother isn’t in that long
Always appreciate a good vibe coming my way. God knows I can use all I can get buddy. ;)

Taking th
I can welcome you to FSB and say it sounds like you're putting your rig to good use but I'm not sure what to do with "Taking th..."

Bastards got my CC a couple weeks ago as well. [emoji35]Had the you-know-what's to buy an Amtrak ticket! Bank didn't care... but two weeks is insane. Found out Sunday afternoon and had a new card in hand mid-day Tuesday.

Keep it between the mustard and the mayonnaise and we'll see you on the flip side.
Said they've had so many people hit recently that they're behind. Small town problems I suppose but not a big deal, as I'm still one of those fuddy's pulling cash out of pocket to pay for everything I can. Ain't nobody's damn business what I spend my coin on, imo and that's the only way left to keep it that way. ;)
Between the mustard and mayo huh? That's a new one on me... and especially apropos, since I just gobbled down a chili-cheese beef dog from "Fast Eddies" down here. It weren't fast... but it was damn yummy. Thanks bud.

Took a picture of my nearly complete front end I've been working on for a bit, backs been mostly done for a week View attachment 180720
Great googly-mooglie man! I've seen smaller stage lights than those brush beams you've got stickin' on that front end. Love the colors and the bumper though. (y)

I wish I would have seen this sooner, Walla Walla is only 1.5 hours from me, and I would have set you up with a place to stay w/o cc... side note... a lot of places are accepting Apple Pay now along with the Google equivalent as well as Venmo. I lost my wallet in the middle of my Memorial Day trip, and I was still able to get all my necessities with Apple Pay and/or Venmo.
Damn man. I don't even have a smart-phone, so Apple Pay and Venmo would have probably been more trouble than they were worth to me but thanks. I imagine being a working stiff... hookin' up for a hand-shake wouldn't have been an option but if it were, I'd have loved to do so. As it is... I'll be pressed to find the local H-D, score a few t-shirts and make it to my 1pm appt. at the "Concrete Momma" tomorrow afternoon. I used my "wrong side of the tracks" experience, found the local "Travel Lodge" no-tell, motel and was able to get in with a $50 cash deposit for any damages, which of course there won't be but yea... when you're flying low-ball, there's always a work around. lol.
All that said... we really should hook up some time man. I owe you a hearty hand-shake, at least. The visit approval came through faster than expected or I would have tried to make this a bigger deal but I had to jump, as I haven't made it down to see my bro yet and he needs to see a familiar face. That's what friends do and when I've given my pledge... hell or high-water won't stop this grumpy old gimp. :cool: I might be able to make another trip down here in August or Sept on the bike, so I'll try to speak up when it rolls around and maybe me and the lil' lady can meet ya for a bite to eat in your area or something. That trip will be more organized... assuming I can make it happen.

Appreciate all the good vibes from my FSB fam. Time to chlll out and relax a bit now, so thanks for all the well wishes and as usual... Pepe` get's er done! ;)

#21,999 ·
Always appreciate a good vibe coming my way. God knows I can use all I can get buddy. ;)

I can welcome you to FSB and say it sounds like you're putting your rig to good use but I'm not sure what to do with "Taking th..."

Said they've had so many people hit recently that they're behind. Small town problems I suppose but not a big deal, as I'm still one of those fuddy's pulling cash out of pocket to pay for everything I can. Ain't nobody's damn business what I spend my coin on, imo and that's the only way left to keep it that way. ;)
Between the mustard and mayo huh? That's a new one on me... and especially apropos, since I just gobbled down a chili-cheese beef dog from "Fast Eddies" down here. It weren't fast... but it was damn yummy. Thanks bud.

Great googly-mooglie man! I've seen smaller stage lights than those brush beams you've got stickin' on that front end. Love the colors and the bumper though. (y)

Damn man. I don't even have a smart-phone, so Apple Pay and Venmo would have probably been more trouble than they were worth to me but thanks. I imagine being a working stiff... hookin' up for a hand-shake wouldn't have been an option but if it were, I'd have loved to do so. As it is... I'll be pressed to find the local H-D, score a few t-shirts and make it to my 1pm appt. at the "Concrete Momma" tomorrow afternoon. I used my "wrong side of the tracks" experience, found the local "Travel Lodge" no-tell, motel and was able to get in with a $50 cash deposit for any damages, which of course there won't be but yea... when you're flying low-ball, there's always a work around. lol.
All that said... we really should hook up some time man. I owe you a hearty hand-shake, at least. The visit approval came through faster than expected or I would have tried to make this a bigger deal but I had to jump, as I haven't made it down to see my bro yet and he needs to see a familiar face. That's what friends do and when I've given my pledge... hell or high-water won't stop this grumpy old gimp. :cool: I might be able to make another trip down here in August or Sept on the bike, so I'll try to speak up when it rolls around and maybe me and the lil' lady can meet ya for a bite to eat in your area or something. That trip will be more organized... assuming I can make it happen.

Appreciate all the good vibes from my FSB fam. Time to chlll out and relax a bit now, so thanks for all the well wishes and as usual... Pepe` get's er done! ;)
If you make it down this way again on your bike I’ll barrow a Sporty from my bro and ride over the hill to see you, unless something changes in the next few months and I get my own bike again.