Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#23,782 ·
#23,784 ·
Bought a thing. It came with a surprise. I thought it sounded funny when I was driving it Popped the hood and was like holy shit
Automotive air manifold Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Personal luxury car

#23,785 ·
#23,786 ·
Reactions: packagerjr
#23,787 ·
#23,789 ·
Drove it to Hahbah Freight and replaced the wheel chock I lost somewhere from probably leaving it on the bumper. Also picked up their 2000w peak power inverter that was on sale today. Not a desperate need, but been looking at them for awhile as another feature to have for the zombie apocalypse.

Sky Cloud People in nature Gesture Happy

#23,793 ·
Moved it about 100yrds to the shop door. Tomorrow I’ll unhook the tank and have to cut some bolts to drop it. Got a hole rusted in it somewhere that I hope to patch with some epoxy putty until I can get a new one. Also brought home a 20yr old uniden CB from my elderly Grandpa recently. Gonna play around with that a little too.

#23,794 ·
Changed the rear diff fluid today, i had installed a arb diff cover last time i changed it and not long after the arb logo had started to rust under the clear coat, just spotty surface rust but decided to clean it up some, sanded it down and used a silver paint marker to paint the logo silver, good enough for under the truck lol

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

I also decided for the hell of it to outline the logo on my transfer case skid plate from @silver70

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

#23,795 ·
Got tired of the slightly leaking trans so decided I would reseal all external connections I haven't touched. This included the intermediate adjustment band, shift shaft seal and kickdown lever o-ring, servo cover gasket and seal, and fill tube o-ring. I've had the rig down since January and saw weepage everywhere except the servo gasket, and that was hard to tell because of the dipstick o-ring and the hard line flare above it appears to be leaking too.

Anyway, removing the shift shaft seal was awful and nothing like the videos where it falls out using a wet noodle as a pick. I had to maul the rubber out of the way and carefully Dremel two reliefs in the case so it would collapse enough to be pried out. And in Ford's infinite wisdom the seal isn't accessible from inside the trans so you can't punch it out. But I got it out without tearing up anything else.

It was more challenging to reassemble the shift levers than expected - mainly due to the manual shift lever having a multi-detent piece that has to rest on a spring-loaded roller. There's too much flexibility for it all to just fall together, but after a reset and change in course, got it done. Biggest key is to ensure the 7/8" nut on the shift lever is free-running since you'll need to tighten that up by hand as soon as you get the internal shift lever keyed into the external lever's flats while holding the internal lever detent came on the roller. Learned that the hard way.

Still have to install valve body and button things up, and won't know for many more weeks if I screwed anything up. But I added a Fumoto valve on my TCI pan so, in the likely event I did, I can catch the fluid and reuse it. If all goes well, I'll eventually swap back to the magnetic plug since it actually did catch some fines.

No pics since I suck at pics. This job was more than I bargained for without trying to take pics.

#23,796 ·
Anyway, removing the shift shaft seal was awful and nothing like the videos where it falls out using a wet noodle as a pick. I had to maul the rubber out of the way and carefully Dremel two reliefs in the case so it would collapse enough to be pried out. And in Ford's infinite wisdom the seal isn't accessible from inside the trans so you can't punch it out. But I got it out without tearing up anything else.

No pics since I suck at pics. This job was more than I bargained for without trying to take pics.
I have felt that pain and I'll share a pic to make up for your lack of. From my '73 F250's C6.

I assume you can be happy you don't have straight dual exhaust... in the way. Between the drive shaft and the exhaust pipe, I was fit to be tied.

#23,797 ·
I have felt that pain and I'll share a pic to make up for your lack of. From my '73 F250's C6.

I assume you can be happy you don't have straight dual exhaust... in the way. Between the drive shaft and the exhaust pipe, I was fit to be tied.
I should stop complaining. I’m between engine swaps so I have no exhaust to contend with at all. It was still a PITA!

#23,798 ·
Got my new Desolate 1350 drive shaft installed. Thing is a monster compared to my original shaft.

Attachments

#23,799 ·
It will come as no shock that I added air to the rear tire on my Early Bronco.
A LOT of air…to the bottom of the tire…because it was only missing from there.

#23,800 ·
No pics but Saturday got the fuel tank dropped and of course it took a good bit longer than it should have... story of my life lol. Beat a dent out of the skid plate, cleaned up the tank and found the whole... in a spot that I probably could have reached without dropping it.... oh well. Hard part of cutting out old bolts and replacing hardware is done now for when I have to replace the whole tank later. hopefully a long time from now. Got water weld epoxy putty on it and cured up.

Hope to get it back in today. But my back and shoulders aren’t too crazy about the idea...