Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

I have searched and I have found mixed answers about the amount of lift stock F350 springs from JBG will provide. I heard 7" (impossible I think) and also that F350 springs provide 2" more lift than F250 springs

I look at stock F350s from this era, and they seem to sit 2-3" higher than Broncos.

Does this sound right? I would like to get Deaver part F64 for the rear which is a Bronco 3" lift leaf pack. I am hoping the front F350 springs would match close enough as is!

JBG also has stock rear F350 springs but I would like to go with Deaver considering everything I have heard.

I would love custom front leaves but they are $$ and the wait is like 6 weeks and I fear I would royally f up the measurements.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
IMO f350 rear springs will not give you the articulation you want. there made strictly for towing heavy loads. deaver's would be your best route or a simple shackle flip with your stock springs will balance out your ride height. lift the front then tinker with the rear until you achieve your desired ride height

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love deavers but the problem is that I can't tie up the truck for 6 weeks for the wait time. I also have the TTB now so a shackle flip wouldn't apply.

Deaver lists a 3" rear spring and I might just get those and install the same time I install the 10.25. Any idea how much lift a stock 350 front pack provides? Too bad Deaver doesn't list a stock 350 pack, that would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
bcmbcmbcm said:
I would love deavers but the problem is that I can't tie up the truck for 6 weeks for the wait time. I also have the TTB now so a shackle flip wouldn't apply.

Deaver lists a 3" rear spring and I might just get those and install the same time I install the 10.25. Any idea how much lift a stock 350 front pack provides? Too bad Deaver doesn't list a stock 350 pack, that would be perfect.
pm andy351 or big norm they'd know iirc they ran them

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
:stupid

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
bcmbcmbcm said:

???what does the ttb have to do with the rear springs?...shackle flip is for the rear of the vehicle...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im a noob

redwagon said:
???what does the ttb have to do with the rear springs?...shackle flip is for the rear of the vehicle...

:whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag :whiteflag

I thought were referring to the front....

can't shackle flip the rear though, my rear springs are shot I need new ones.

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is something you'll have to play with yourself. My stock leaf springs and your stock leaf springs may be very different depending on how worn yours are, or mine are. If I tell you stock 350 springs raised mine six inches, but mine was 3" low from being worn out it would give you bad info....

350 springs are very stiff and your truck will bounce when you don't have 500lbs in the rear or more.
Deavers are nice, and worth every penny...theres alot of free leaf springs out there from guys who've done their lift kits and have them lying around. Check with a lift shop, or a junk yard, but I wouldn't put 350 springs on a bronco unless I had to.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I returned your PM but I'll post here too for anyone elses benefit. (at my own risk. *looks both ways for moderators*)

Both Larston and myself used stock rear Bronco leafs for the front. I found them to be too soft for my taste so I replaced the main leaf with an F350 Main leaf and the bronco pack underneath it minus the overload leaf so I'm running 4 leafs up front. Larston I think is still using a Bronco pack and it has worked well for him. I think because he used regular lift leafs in the rear with the stock rear shackle setup rather than a shackle flip kind of setup like I have now. For the rear I added two leafs off of an F150 pack. This alone will give you about 4" of lift for the rear (maybe 6 if you use the stock hanger setup. Try it before you flip the shackle if you haven't done it already. So I have a 4 leaf pack up front and a 7 leaf pack in the rear. I also stretched my wheelbase about 8 inches. 3 in the front and 5 rearward. My shackles are as far back on the frame as I can get them right now. I like the way my setup is working thus far. If you do shackles forward as me and larston have done then make sure to clamp the leaf so it can't bend like my first Bronco main leaf did. It makes it imposible for the pack to seperate if you do this. I just cut out a 9" long piece of 1" wide piece of 3/16ths steel. Bent them to fit in a vice and then clamped them to the leaf pack so that I would be clamping 3 leafs together. I had to cut the teflon tab but that's pretty simple to figure out. I then C clamped it to my leaf pack and hammered the ends over. I then welded the pieces together and tacked it to the top of the leaf. In doing this you are making it posible for the lower leafs to still slide in and out of the clamp you just made. Here's the dirrect link on my superford. http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/sup...=32373#content
here's Larston's link. http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/sup...id=535&s=21976 You may want to make some Hangers like he did for the front leafs (I used stock F350 hangers) The way Larry did his netted him around 4" of lift. I'm guessing mine is around 7-8" You wouldn't know it though because of the stretched wheelbase. My setup is extremely stable. I can lift a tire off the ground when I'm ramping it and not feel tippy at all. I hope this is helpfull to you and gives you some ideas. Deavers are cool but why not mess with what Ford made first? Take Care. NORM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts