Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· scrounger extrordinaire
4,909 Posts
i think the reason that you wont find an adapter, at least for a cost that will make it worthwhile, is because the bolt circle for the truck tires is bigger that the rotor on yout D44s brakes. if you want to run them, do you at least know the size rim you will need? Stazworks makes 20" rims and could make them cheaper than you will get a machine shop to make the adapters.

4,909 Posts
ok well you will need to weld in a new center. you will have to cut out the old one down to pretty close to the rim itself. then you will need a new center. again, john at staz works can get them cut. then you will need a jig to set it all up and have the center in so your wheel dont wobble. anybody else watch the lil' rascals? remember that wagon they had that had the wheels of center? looked like it was going over hill and dale on flat ground. anyhow thats all you need to do to run big rig tires. that and wear a disguise so you can always deny it was you driving your truck with them on it. what size rims/tires are they?

afterthought... i dont know for sure, but dont those tires require a split or 2 piece rim to mount? john can make them. $350 each i think for 20" rims. i dont think you can mount one on a "regular" style rim

4,909 Posts
there is a trucking mag that has lowered rigs and i always thought them little mini trucks were crappy. then a saw a fullsize dually slammed and man thats just sweet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.