Discussion Starter #1
this is my upgrade coming soon

39.5x16.50R20 with these

20X10 well what do ya think, here is a pic of my bronco

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
why 20" wheels? Ignoring my opinion of how they look, which is personal preference only, why pay so much more for so much less sidewall height?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys i appreciate the feedback.
BMC69 what can i say i just like the look and i have only seen one other bronco with 20's so thats always a plus and ABRA sorry but i plan to make another bronco sometime hopefully in the near future (for my wife) so ill be keeping everything

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
LOL..to each his own. I've just never got used to the 'all wheel/no rubber' look. Saw an Escalade the other day with what must have been 22" rims on it..and tires with so little sidewall that I'm not certain it wasn't just a few wraps of electrical tape around the outside of the rim. :toothless

Fovrgive me..I'm older than dirt.:histerica

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Show, no go? too wide and not enough side wall to air down and ride rock. Have you the axle to hold up to 39's???

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yep they are the pittbull rockers i wanted the muddog which is coming soon in a 39x1450R20 since i really am only going to be taking it trail riding and in some mud but they are taking a long time getting them dot approved so im kinda tired of waiting and the rockers look pretty awsome anyways plus i havent even seen one pair around here where i live

blown what do you mean no go i talked to a few tire guys around here and they said it'll work ok and as far as airing down i dont really do any rock climbing but if you know something please let me know because thats an expensive mistake.

·
the bruise
1,401 Posts
blown what do you mean no go i talked to a few tire guys around here and they said it'll work ok and as far as airing down i dont really do any rock climbing but if you know something please let me know because thats an expensive mistake.
tire guys don't know crap usually, no offense. unless they off road.

39.5 on the TTB is going to be a lot of strain on your axles, not saying it hasn't been done, and it often works, but thats an awful lot of strain,(especially off road) just for wanting to run some cool rims. and are those rims aluminum? if you catch an edge on something, you will taco those things in a second with aluminum. plus what are the weight on those?

but to those who talk about sidewall, he will still have about the same as someone with 35's and 15's or, like me, 36's and 17's. its just not practical, because you want the most amount of sidewall you can get.

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
if you know something please let me know because thats an expensive mistake.
Constantly having to replace parts while running 39's on a 1/2-ton drivetrain will be your expensive mistake.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
y'all must have some wicked malls
I keep telling people about the JC-Penny lot, but no one listens.

I have heard nothing good so far about "Pit-Bull" tires. If you get them, give us an honest review.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts