Registered
605 Posts
Now that's a big ass lift.
Do they even make 15" body lift?:toothless

·
Registered
600 Posts
what do yall think of 15"s
its tough not to get noticed in public places. It usually attracts the ladies. They can spot the bulk from a mile away. But if i had to do the surgery all over again........I would:beer

·
Garage kept
1,185 Posts
13" is the max.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
what do yall think of 15"s
its tough not to get noticed in public places. It usually attracts the ladies. They can spot the bulk from a mile away. But if i had to do the surgery all over again........I would:beer

Are you serious?

I think 15inches of lift is stupid. it would look like a big Roller Skate

·
Registered
600 Posts
Are you serious?

I think 15inches of lift is stupid. it would look like a big Roller Skate
if you read correctly i was making a sex joke

·
Registered
205 Posts
15" lift. Hmm thatis a little crazy. Talk about center of gravity.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya im 16 im gettn my drivers in a month :p i have always had the hobby of truck so now its timee to step it up. 15 is huge i know thats why im thinking of it. i have never seen it done, and id like to fit 40" or something close to that...and ur right about 15" wheels being to small

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would swap to a solid front. Will help you achieve your goal. Plus the 8.8 and the ttb wont hold on to well with 40's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i was looking in to a sas but the work and time that has to be put into it is..well killer, if i can find a ol ton er somethng i might but ya.. i knw with the big tires it will wear my front down but id drive untill i can find on..if i do it haha

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
There's a lot more work involved than just a lift if you're putting 40" tires on there. Solid axles, regearing, likely building up the engine so you can push them better. Driving it on the street is somewhat out of the question being so big. All's we in the wheelin' world is someone to not be able to stop a behemoth on 40's and run a car literally over and then we have federal lift laws that will rape us all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha i like ur dp picture ganuus, i know theres alot of work. i have already built a chevy step sided up with a axle flip kit and goodies. i understan all the work trust me haha but im only 16 so i can work on it for a long time, this is just a crazy idea. im upgrading the brakes next week... biiger

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
it can be done. here is what you might consider getting. plus lots more

dana 60's or stronger
12'' lifted leafs, and 3 inch body lift.

check out langfords bronco from the top truck challenge.

·
Registered
600 Posts
is langford on this forum

·
Registered
56 Posts
well there is a bronco that was for sale a few miles from my house that was on 53s and was driven on the rode all the time. a guy down the road from me has a tahoe on 53s that is is daily driver and he used to have a silverado on 53s.Everything was one ton talk about ground clearance. the tahoe isn't really that functional it isn't lifted enough. but the bronco had more than enough

1 - 20 of 49 Posts