Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207544960&adid=17653&dcaid=17653

600 bucks sounds like a bargain to me. Computer guys, is this a capable computer? Processor and such look good? Or would i be better off finding a new motherboard/processor to combine with my current video card, hard drive, and power supply?

Also, im looking at a new computer because the one im on right now has some serious problems, so i thought i would just take the opportunity to start new.

My options are buy new parts and build another computer, but carry over my graphics card and power supply off my current build since they're newer and powerful enough for me. My other option is to buy something like the one i linked, which looks pretty powerful and it comes installed with Vista Home and various other things. I also would know its more reliable since its all built already and i wont Eff it up like i might with a built computer. Also, could i use my power supply off my current computer on the computer i linked?

Any answers/advice would be appreciated

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Why would you use your current PSU on the new system? That doesn't make any sense. The 8500GT should be enough for you if you're still considering buying a 65nm-process CPU these days. I bet I could build that box for about the same price, maybe less; notice it's a refurbished, so it could have some blemishes and other things.

Check these out. I know several people that are very satisfied with them, and they're DIRT cheap with a good brand name.

To the other 'puter h4X0rZ/g33kz in here: I have an E8400 on its way to me. ONLY COST $199!!! BWAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,734 Posts
Not bad at all. Looks like it has a decent motherboard/graphics/CPU/PSU setup. Are you okay with the blue LEDs? :D

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually think the lights are kinda neat. I'll definitely swap out my current power supply with the one that comes with it, since i have an Antec 500 Watt. I'm not sure if my current video card is better though, i have a [reading from box here] XFX GeForce 7600 GT PCI Express 256MB DDR3. From the looks of it, the video card im using is more expensive, if that means anything.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It says factory re-certified. Sounds like a used computer to me. Other than that, It probably is okay.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
That looks really reasonable. I'd probably find me a win xp pro cd somewhere, but other than that I'd say you're getting a pretty good bang for the buck.

Edit:

Just saw that you get a T-Shirt with it! :shocked :chili:

I'm buying one now just for that

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think i may have found a cheaper solution:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...tails.asp?EdpNo=3601833&Sku=MCM-680ILT-Q6600B

Apparently great bang for the buck and i can still use my good video card and good power supply(and all the other things). Because i really do only have to replace the components that come in that bundle. That should keep me good for many years to come. Im primarily 360 gamer, so im not too worried about upgrading hardcore in the future. Deal ends on the 15th...so i guess i gotta order today.

·
Registered
13,881 Posts
That is a good board and processor from tigerdirect. I am running the EVGA 680i. I am not a fan of the RAM though, but I dont have anything bad to say about it..just never used it. I try to stick with Corsair.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
OCZ is a great brand, I've used it on one computer here and two client computers. Very stable stuff. (I too enjoy corsair for their cheap but awesome RAM, I've got a few gigs of it throughout the house)

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
It looks like it won't come with a CPU heatsink/fan, which is fine, you can get more efficient ones aftermarket anyway, just make sure you don't boot it up without a HS/F :toothless

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts