Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
probably not a bad deal but I wouldn't want anything to do with rear blocks.
seen to many problems unfold with 'em.

never installed one. what gives you that idea (not doubting, just wanting to learn some).

wouldn't be surprised if he's off on his facts though. Apparently he's not aware that the Bronc ended in '96, not '97. :rolleyes:

Beach bumming it ........
I could be wrong too which is why I would confirm all parts. But look at the pit-man arm.. its stock. Could you imagine 8" lift with stock pitman arm. The angle on the steering arms would be ridiculous and I don't know if it would even work.

Beach bumming it ........
Only 8" lit kit I can find for a 91 Bronco: http://www.carid.com/1991-ford-bron...p2JiZkysWyJZ7kFJZBG3tgld2rY8lX8eqPxoCUDfw_wcB

Look at the pitman arm on that kit. Totally different kit than this.

But this does not mean they are not selling a piece together kit.

Remember a 8" lift is not just bolt on parts. You would have to get a longer drive shaft, different angle for it, Longer brake lines, The list could go on. Even after that if you are thinking of going with a bigger tire than 35s your going to want to put money in gears. 38s on TTB is not fun and nothing but head aches.

Do some research and figure out where you want to go with your build before comitting to a 8" lift if thats what this is.

Bronco Snob
I don't know that I'd want to lift a TTB 8". But the radius arms, and steering linkage alone are worth 500.

Bronco Snob
If you look at trade value, its def.worth it, depending on what you have in the glock I guess. Just depends how much of a wheeler dealer you are. Even if you looked at it for just the parts, using some, reselling others, and then putting that into the parts you need. Hell, might just be worth a trip down there, if you don't want it. Pepe...you up for a road trip? Heheh:goodfinge

Josh: Thanks bud. That did catch my eye... but never having installed one of even owned one, I'm totally unsure. 3" body lift is all I've had in the past.

Ric: After hunting season, sure. :thumbup Go see my buddy Gillamonster while we're down there too. :beer
You pay for the gas, I'll bring the recreation. ;)

Coleaclark: the guys are giving you solid info and great angles to consider. Do your research and see what you are into doing and dealing. If you're looking for a quick, bolt on setup... this ain't it, but like they said and I agreed in the beginning... for what he's showing, that's a decent price imho.

Registered
The equal length steering system might not need a drop pitman. The 5" rear springs, radius arms, and steering parts make it worth it. You don't have to use those springs, a set of new 6" would match the rear leaves nicely.

Bronco Snob
The equal length steering system might not need a drop pitman. The 5" rear springs, radius arms, and steering parts make it worth it. You don't have to use those springs, a set of new 6" would match the rear leaves nicely.
:stupid....and if it is, in fact a super runner steering system, JBG has them listed for $450

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Well i was just talking with the guy and he said it will just bolt on he says he has everything i know i would have to extend the driveline

Again... do your research before you go and see him, so when you take a look at all the parts, you'll know for sure what you need or what may be missing or messed up.

OR... trust a stranger to tell you the truth in a trade deal. Nothing could go wrong there. :rolleyes:

The Anti Yam!
Skyjacker is the only company that made a 8" kit, that's a 6" Superlift kit, or at least most of one.

Those may be 8" Skyjacker springs, but the arms and and the pivot brackets are 6" Super lift.

Note that the extended arms are attached to drop brackets. If those are 8" springs he probably did that to increase caster so that the camber bushings could be used to correct just camber without having to worry abut caster because the pivot brackets are not 8".

What I see for the front is.
4"/6" Super lift axle pivot brackets. Easily identifiable by the two pivot holes and how the passenger beam bracket is designed.
Early SuperRunner 4"/6" extended radius arms. Again easily identafiable by how they are built.
Lift springs of an unknown height.
4"/6" Radius arm drop brackets attached to the extended arms. (This should be unneeded with those arms)
Dual Steering Stabilizers
Atleast part of a SuperRunner steering kit (I do not see the idler arm)

Bronco Snob
Any news, Cole?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts