Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WINCH

Just curious, it's about half the price of a warn of the same capacity... but sometimes you get what you pay for too... Anybody heard of the brand or used one?

·
Registered
179 Posts
the T-maxx has been getting good reviews from various offroad boards and mags. Search t-maxx here and on 'cough cough' pirate4x4.com and see what you come up with.

good luck

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Isn't that the same as milemarker?

·
user title
2,211 Posts
isn't Milemarker the same as harbor freight? :toothless

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
T-Maxx makes MileMarker and they seem to be holding up fine. They may not hold up to the winching comps in Europe, but they seem to do well for the occasional user.

Just don't power out with no load on the line. They don't hold up well to that :twak

·
Registered
912 Posts
TXBronco82 said:
they are made in australia and as said before they are getting good reveiws
Designed in Aus manf in China. I have a 12k that is still sitting in the floor. Great reviews plus I got a great deal last year.

And no it isnt a MileMarker:histerica

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I saw the HF winch this morning. It's identical to the MileMarker 9K. My Milemarker winch says T-Max in big letters on its castings. I'd say they're all designed by T-max, built in China, and probably very similar in strength and reliability.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
The thing that jumps out at me is the "pull by layer" rating. That winch is 12.5k for the first 17ft., then it's a 9k winch, and the third layer it's 8k, 7k on the last. Compare that to a Warn M12000 and you indeed get what you pay for... It's still pulling over 9k on the 5th layer.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
i thought that the deal with the layers was simple gearing. as the layers accumulate, you get a bigger drum (diameter) and thats what lessens the pull power. or is that just crazy talk?

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,013 Posts
axaviere said:
i thought that the deal with the layers was simple gearing. as the layers accumulate, you get a bigger drum (diameter) and thats what lessens the pull power. or is that just crazy talk?
i thought the same... and that it would apply about equally between winches... variables being winch cable diameter and center drum diameter

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
This is true, and Warn M12000 has a 3.5" dia. drum, Tmax is 2.5" dia.
Both run 3/8" cable. My M12000 is spooled with 7/16" cable.
With the gearing difference of 261:1 vs 265:1 I'd say there's no difference there. Amp draw is similar, even though the Tmax claims 2 more HP motor.
Tmax speed is higher after the first wrap, and there is where I see the tradeoff... speed for pulling power.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Muddinmike broke his milemarker. When he took it apart all the parts inside were Tmaxx. Nothing but junk. Get a warn and forget about it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
They do have a good review but I would go with a warn insted verry rep company and we all know their product.. I'm saving the money to get i found a 15000 for the same price dam cant wait to get it..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts