Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an 81 recently. I live in Jersey but bought the truck from a guy in New York where it has passed inspection. Do you guys think this truck will pass w/o a catalytic converter?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
no, it will fail the emmisions portion

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I correct on this one, aren't the emissions and other test based on the standards of that year the truck was made??

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
that is true to my knowledge, and your 81 came with a cat from the factory so that is what it requires.

·
Registered
471 Posts
go pick up a hi flow cat. i have a magnaflow stainless. runs nice no air pump needed just a bolt in ...Also they may send you for the tilt test in asbury park . If they do let me know. i may be able to help.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
go pick up a hi flow cat. i have a magnaflow stainless. runs nice no air pump needed just a bolt in ...Also they may send you for the tilt test in asbury park . If they do let me know. i may be able to help.
:stupid

You'll definitely need a cat.

I don't think you will probably get harassed about the tilt test though, just as long as you don't go to the rio grande inspection station down in cape may county.

Every person there is a ****ing dickhead greenie extremist. If it looks like you EVER had mud anywhere on your truck, they'll bust you down on anything they could ever possibly get you on.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
i've heard good things abot random tech cats too

WTF is a tilt test?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
its a jersey thing, since people there cant drive

:goodfinge

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
i've heard good things abot random tech cats too

WTF is a tilt test?
The tilt test is just a test or series of tests designed to test the stability of your truck if it's modified. If it passes the test for it, you get a SPESHUL inspection sticker that goes above the standard one, and it has a few details about your truck right on it.

its a jersey thing, since people there cant drive

:goodfinge
We drive fine, it's them fawkin' one taggers that mess up the works. :toothless

·
Registered
405 Posts
With or without a cat, it has to only be at least as clean as it's factory specification.

In Maine, it's '84 to present requires a cat if factory equipped.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts