Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need money bad. And by bad I mean bad enough to part my Bronco out or sell it as it sits. I swore I'd never do it...but life has gotten pretty sucky for me lately and I'm selling just about everything I own, minus my truck (F150) and house.

Its an 81 Trailer Special (I've only seen one other 80's TS), it doesn't run, in fact it doesn't even have a motor in it. But it only has rust on the trail gate, the floor boards are so nice they look like it rolled off the factory floor. It needs work though, the power windows roll slowly and the dash is all cracked up. Plus I have a crack in my engine cross member. Other than that its nice.

Do you think I could sell it as it sits now? Or should I part it out?

·
Registered
531 Posts
part that sucker

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
You'll be hard pressed to get any significant money out of it, especially if you need to move it fast. Whether you part it out or sell it whole, I doubt you'll get more than $300 to $400 out of it either way without the engine. It's damn tough to sell Broncos around here even if they're in perfect condition.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Garth,
Real sorry to hear about your hard times. Are you out of work? What's your expertise? PM me if you're not too proud to listen to advise or ask for help. I would hate to see your Bronco parted out or sold.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DWNHLLR said:
Garth,
Real sorry to hear about your hard times. Are you out of work? What's your expertise? PM me if you're not too proud to listen to advise or ask for help. I would hate to see your Bronco parted out or sold.
Proud is one thing I'm not, thank goodness.

Not out of work...I actually work too much. Two jobs, 70+ hours a week on average, and I still don't have enough money to get by. The wife is going to school full time right now so I'm the only one bringing home the bacon. Just can't stay on top of things, mortgage payment, truck payment, credit cards, utilities, and every day living is killing me. Gotta get rid of it so that I don't default on too many things, I'm trying not to abuse my credit so bad that I can't ever do anything again.

One guy might possibly come by tonight to look at it, just hoping he buys it...even though I don't want to see it go.

This is the second time I've had to get rid of a Bronco to stay afloat, had to do the same thing 6 years ago with my 83.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Im on my third bronco ive owned, and regretted selling the first two.
Ive been in your shoes too though. School is a killer. worked 2 jobs, one full time and went to school full time so the wife could stay home with the baby.
It has taken me years to pay off the cards too. Finally to where i can breather.
hang in there.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Good luck... I dont know what to tell you other than keep on truckin'

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its going up on Ebay today, just finishing up loading the pictures and all that jazz. Once I'm done and the listing is finalized I'll post the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts