Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been looking at them to use for my D60 install. i have seen that there is a right and left. the lefts are so long that they look dorky and weak. the rights are stubby and shorter so there is less leverage on them. my choices are what then? i noticed on the pics of rockstomper and ORD rods the pivot part is really close to the end of the rod than even the right handed ones i have from autozone, less shaft i guess. they also have the monster 1" TREs that i just cant imagine how big the rods would have to be. so what did you guys use? maybe spicer has them R/L that are shorter. i dont really want heims, but i guess i could consider it. i like the availability on these and the $11 lifetime warranty. any ideas?? AXE

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,075 Posts
Go to this site I think they have what you want.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. i just want a TRE that i can get in r/l threads on the shelf somewhere that has threads out to the end or at the very least, threaded like stock, but with a short shaft... look at **THIS** site and scroll down to the pic of the red rod next to the black stock one. see how the pivot part is really close to the end of the rod? and all i find are like **THIS** set. the short one is right treaded and is kinda long and the other left threaded side is really long. now the drag link end is different, its shorter, but still i cant find one matching in opposite thread. i could go heim, but i would rather not. any ideas?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump.... anybody? heres another pic i found at the bottom of **THIS** page there is a rod that has chevy TREs on the ends. they say that they use the ones with a 1" shaft and a 1.25" OD rod thats .250" thick. that only leaves 1/8" holding that beefy thing in there. now you could always sleeve it the last 4" on each end so it dont burst the sidewall. i am beginning to start to look for other options as in my area all the places seem to be adverse to the idea of ordering DOM. some want to use 1.25"-1.5" solid cold rolled stock, i am thinking about super thick wall tubing thats other than DOM... i am also thinking that there is enought meat above the threads on the rod ends that i could have them threaded at a machine shop R & L and just have extras done all at once for spares. any ideas?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found R & L rod ends. they are $32 minimum, $45 most... so $90 for the rod ends alone. then theres the pipe, tube or bar stock costs... these will make a great tie rod, it should be thick so the ram can attach easily, so thats cool i guess. now i gotta look into the ends for the drag link...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts