Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone run their 35" tires at? I'm at 32PSI now, I want the best fuel economy. Opinions??

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,578 Posts
It depends on what tires, load range, and vehicle. You need to do the chalk test and figure out at what pressure there is 100% even tread placement.

Use chalk and start at 40psi (or whatever max would be if it's lower) and go down from there. Roll your truck down the driveway and look at the tread marks from the chalk. Now drop to 35, 30, 25. By then you should be at full tread width. Usually its a safe bet around 30psi.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
i run my 35 pro comp m/t at 35 psi really even tread wear.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,881 Posts
i have bfg at's and contacted them about this very question. they were very adimit about staying at 35psi max pressure. i used to tow a travel trailer and was thinking about going up to 40psi but they strongly recommended not doing that.

·
Premium Member
1995 XLT SAS w D44 and D60 rear
3,544 Posts
Every vehicle is different chalk is the way to go. Better gas milage is a good thing until you find out that to increese the milage a couple of % you cost 5-10k of tire wear. Tires be expencive.

35 is max PSI on the 35s wow I would have guessed more like 50. I know my 32s were always 50.

·
Registered
93 Posts
my wildpeaks are rated for 35 max. I'm running them at 32psi and they're 35/12.50/15s
As suggested earlier chalk is always a good way to test it, just make sure your alignment is somewhat decent at the time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts