Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they are having a sale on the electric 12K models til 11/30 and i was thinking about getting one. any thoughts or opinions? AXE

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its 599.99... thats pretty good huh?

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I was thinking about picking up one of those too, Axe, so maybe someone will chime in soon. Like you said though at that price if noone responds to your question with bad feedback I might just have to take the plunge!!:shrug

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I've got the 9000 and only paid $350.00 for it on a promo deal. I have only used it once to dis-lodge Dustin and it worked like a charm. If your a mud guy that gets stuck in thick goo or winch a whole lot I'd go with the 12,000 pound unit for sure. But for a retail price of $400.00 the 9000 can't be beat.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well im a mud person and strictly mud.Where is everyone getting their prices from?Im interested in getting a 12000 but dont know where everyone is getting their prices from.Also does the company carry anything bigger than 12000?

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
from what i've read they are slower than warn winches, but i personnally would rather have a slow winch than no winch at all. gimme a min and i'll post a thread from another board about mm winches.

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
here ya go. thi scame from northern 4x4's forum in alaska

·
Registered
918 Posts
truckerdirt said:
ok. i'm a moron. clicky

:banghead :lolup :lolup :beer :thumbup ...HAHAHA thanks for the link.I hope the price stays around that price range until i can steal some money :twak

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
i'm willing to bet that you can find it cheaper.

·
Registered
605 Posts

·
USAF Veteran
2,975 Posts
looks good, but are you sure you want a 9k, not a 12 or 15k?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ive got there hydraulic winch (10,500 pounds) and it werks like a charm, but like you said its slow, Personally ive heard bad things about there electric winches word is there hydraulics are great but there electrics arent up to par

My friends got a 9000 pounder and hes blown it twice, now granted hes a moron and he dosent take care of his stuff but still my bro's warn winch takes a lickin and keeps on tickin

If your in need of a cheaper winch i say go with the hydraulic there worth every darn penny in my opnion and im poor so that should count for something

Matt --

Ps im not ragging on dogonmut just because he owns an electric im just giving my two cents i studied winches for a good six months before going with the Milemarker so id like to think i know what im talking about :thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Yea, Milemarker started out making hydro's for the military, and have not been in the electric game all that long. I have also considered going with hydro...how hard is it to install???:shrug

1 - 20 of 55 Posts