Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've come to the unfortunate decision to part ways with my Bronco. I've had it going on 7 years with big plans and intentions, but a young busy family just doesn't give me the time needed to start the project i'd like. With that being said, I have no idea what the Bronco is worth in its current state. It's a 1981 Bronco Ranger originally with a 351M/C6 which are long gone. Also the interior carpet is gone. I have the original seats but they are severely sun baked and stained. It's originally a west coast truck but it's been in Illinois for the past 20 years so there is rust but not nearly as bad as any other Illinois Bronco i've seen. I'd like to sell it as is as a roller. My question is what do I ask for this truck? I appreciate everyone's opinion on it's realistic value.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,328 Posts
Yo black954,,
Do you have a minimum acceptable price?

I, as a buyer, follow Raymond Rawling's Rawling's (father of TV star Richard Rawlings of TV show Fast N' Loud) purchase strategy. "When Richard was growing up in Fort Worth, Texas, his dad, Raymond Rawlings always had a car or a motorcycle lying around. “It wasn’t the nicest or the best, but it was his,” the younger Rawlings says. Ray wasn’t much of a mechanic, more of a detailer and a tinkerer. On weekends, the guys in the neighborhood would come over, mess around with whatever car Ray had at the time and drink beer in the garage.

One of those guys who came around also taught Rawlings a lesson about negotiating that he still carries with him: “I was around 13. He said, ‘Son, you could buy a $10,000 car all day long for five grand if you have it in your pocket. Always carry cash’ ”

$125.00

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,601 Posts
In my neck of the woods rollers go anywhere from $200 to $500 but not rusted like that unless there coastal rigs, and them go for real cheap as parts rigs, my F150 and F250 were free just gotta return the 9 inch rear from the 150

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
All depends on what someone else is willing to pay. Down here in Atlanta you can buy this 1980 for $2,500 and he claims to have documentation for the rebuilt 302.

my opinion is if you are going to buy a brick nose then buy a 1986. If your going to buy a EFI Bronco then buy a 1996.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,328 Posts
The value is so low on something like that, you might be better off putting it up for trade. People are funny what they'll trade when there's no dollar value attached, and it makes it easy for them to justify a project with no cash outlay up front. You might get a nice trailer or gun or something.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my neck of the woods rollers go anywhere from $200 to $500 but not rusted like that unless there coastal rigs, and them go for real cheap as parts rigs, my F150 and F250 were free just gotta return the 9 inch rear from the 150
I hear that. In Chicago, EVERYTHING older than 5 years is a rusted out pile. The cheapest running most clapped out rusty Bronco here is going for $4000+ I don't have any sort of sentimental attachment to this one, but I just thought its a great platform to build from for someone looking for a project Bronco.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The value is so low on something like that, you might be better off putting it up for trade. People are funny what they'll trade when there's no dollar value attached, and it makes it easy for them to justify a project with no cash outlay up front. You might get a nice trailer or gun or something.
That's not a bad idea at all. I don't have to sell it, I'm just done watching it sit in the driveway. I do have a lot of other hobbies so I'll add for trade to the add when I post it

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
524 Posts
$300 at the scrapyard.....$200 to someone looking to take it off your hands....but I hate to see them die....in a scrap yard....anyone willing to pay more Is a sucker or just doesn’t understand what they are looking at...or desperate for some part on it...It’s the cold truth...

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
For someone looking to do a restoration you can get up to $2k; maybe $1500-$1900 selling price. Used prices are sky high right now nothing is really selling for $400. Not at auctions no where. The junkyard only gets no title vehicles for cheap that are full of mouse nests that no one wants to touch due to health hazards.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did not. I put the grill back on and started taking all the parts out of the inside to get it cleaned up to sell. I like @broncosarge77 idea so I will probably just put it on Ebay and see what happens.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts