Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it has finally come to this... I really dont want to sell... But i find myself thinking about it more and more (selling or trading). Ive had it for 3 months now, and the problems are not getting fixed and more keep adding on because i simply dont have the time, know-how, or money to fix them.

I really love this truck, but I need something more reliable and something that doesnt need this much work that i cant do.

Anyways... i believe i have a link in my signature to pictures of my truck. I want to get the most i can out of it because whatever i get will go towards a new car. So anyone able to tell me what they think its worth?

Good things:
-351W V8 Runs pretty well and rarely gives me any trouble
-4 bbl Edelbrock carb
-interior is pretty clean... no carpet from the back seat back. Needs cleaned.
-has extra front fender (the one on it has a little rust..new one doesnt)
-Rollbar i had installed myself
-"new" tire holder on the back (doesnt match the truck colorwise, and has a little rust).
-driven about 10 times since I bought it. Had a nice oil change at Jiffy Lube in january.

Bad things:
-When i bought it, the mechanic that looked at it said the Transmission would need replaced in a year. (it smoked)...but ever since then it gave me no trouble until the pan leaked a few days ago which i assume is a $20 seal that needs replaced.... or bolts needing tightend. (Its an automatic)

-has rust on very bottom part of the fenders. Mostly surface..some has eaten through.

-has a leake in the side of the truck on the driver side. behind the panel. With surface rust.

-front and rear leaks oil ( the mechanic said...but its been sitting for 2 weeks and there is no oil on the ground.).

-Breaks take more force then needed to stop. a local mechanic said they could fix it at their shop for $100.

i think thats all the wrongs.... anyone have a idea?(oh..and the radio probably wont be going with it.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh...i forgot.. the back door also has power problems. Doesnt get connection and the wires are unhooked at the moment. Also leaks (needs the seals i think).

and something in the truck drains the battery when it is hooked up and the truck is off.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
1100 to 1500 that's just my guess though

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
are those like 29 inch tires or something?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. any more oppinions out there?

Kf4amu: Doesnt the car have to something spectacular to be sold at that? (or at least able to make it to a place where barret jackson holds the auction?).. because i dont have money or a license to take it to an out of state auction.haha. (and besides all that....i thought B-J was in January and only happened once a year?)...or are you joking?

Broncoorboat: Im not to sure.... they were on it when i bought it...i think they are stock size.

Im thinking of putting the truck on ebay, but i have never used ebay to sell a car so im not sure if it would be a good idea, or if it would be more hassle then help.

Oh..also, it has 81,960 miles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, i posted it on an online site for sale... a guy offered to trade me his 1975 maverick for it...We met today and checked out eachothers cars and he said no thanks...Saying my truck would be too much work to repair. So now im a bit bummed. His car looked pretty good, but wasnt even halfway Perfect.

It figured my truck started leaking horribly from driving there... it was pretty much pouring. So i guess i have a bad leak and im not too sure what is leaking (it looks like a few leaks.).

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
I'll give you a 2-4 for it.

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
Harmful_if_swollowed said:
Kf4amu: Doesnt the car have to something spectacular to be sold at that? (or at least able to make it to a place where barret jackson holds the auction?).. because i dont have money or a license to take it to an out of state auction.haha. (and besides all that....i thought B-J was in January and only happened once a year?)...or are you joking?
Yes. And Yes. :drinkbud

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Harmful, I'm speaking from the value down here in South Texas, but the NW should be close to the same. Salvage value with a clear title is $350, so I would estimate your 85 at somewhere around $800-$1000 if driveable. The buyer will assume some repairs if you're honest, like the brakes, tranny or engine leaks, etc. But if the motor and drivetrain, including 4WD, are in working order, no knocks or major leaks, I would ask for $1500-$1800. The condition of the body will affect the price, too, if it's only small rust areas on the fenders or rust-thru under the tub and rocker panels. That will reduce the price if the buyer were to part out the Bronco. I can be more specific if you list the engine, tranny, and t-case model as those have a general salvage value if sold separately. JSM84

1 - 14 of 14 Posts