Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im tearing out the interior in my bronco getting ready to get it lined and on the passenger side right next to the front seatbelt retractor there is like a soleniod. A wire comes up from underneath the body by the drivers seat goes to this soleniod then runs up the door frame towards that dash. I tihnk it probaly has something to do with the transmission but i dont know. Just wondering what its for. Thanks guys

·
Registered
125 Posts
wow i was thinking the same thing today actually, we all need some help who has riped their truck down far enough to figure this one out

·
Southwest Chapter
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so steve basically what that thing does is sense impact from the side and then activate the airbags? i was going to reloacte it but if thats what its for then it needs to stay in the spot. or under the truck in that spot.

·
Banned
18,732 Posts
You can relocate it, but it needs to be mounted VERY solidly on the body in that general area. There's nothing about it that's specific to a side impact - it reacts to impact from any direction. And I wouldn't say it "senses & then activates"... It's a switch that closes when it gets impacted, much like the inertia switch opens. It's directly in the power circuit for the airbag, so if it and EITHER of the front sensors closes, power flows to the driver's airbag, and it pops. There's no delay and no logic in the sensor - it's a full-current switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts