Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Original owner: 1995 XLT 5.8L, 4wd shift on the floor, manual hubs
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any items I should think about working on when I replace the core support? Besides giving everything I gain access to a thorough cleaning....

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Like BikerDude Said...hoses, clamps, belt, all the bushings, shims, washers, and bolts for the core support...and of course patience...I am getting ready to tackle the same job as well has fixing the coolant leak from the timing cover to mine is gonna be a major undertaking. Dread it but it needs to get done. I was gonna buy a core support from LMC but they are out of stock at the moment and called them and they don't have a replacement vendor lined up since I checked. So I am going to attempt to find one that is in good condition hopefully from a junk yard but I think that will be hard to find as most of em are prone to rust at the bushing area.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
57 Posts
Interesting seeing this thread. My truck is insanely clean yet somehow on a rust free truck i have the passenger side bushing area starting to get shitty. Needless to say I'm glad it will be a big pain in the ass once I decide to tackle it lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like BikerDude Said...hoses, clamps, belt, all the bushings, shims, washers, and bolts for the core support...and of course patience...I am getting ready to tackle the same job as well has fixing the coolant leak from the timing cover to mine is gonna be a major undertaking. Dread it but it needs to get done. I was gonna buy a core support from LMC but they are out of stock at the moment and called them and they don't have a replacement vendor lined up since I checked. So I am going to attempt to find one that is in good condition hopefully from a junk yard but I think that will be hard to find as most of em are prone to rust at the bushing area.
Just saw this on amazon, looks like they have the support....if you trust their supply! Amazon.com: Radiator Support Assembly Compatible with 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Black Steel Gas Engine: Automotive

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,217 Posts
Interesting seeing this thread. My truck is insanely clean yet somehow on a rust free truck i have the passenger side bushing area starting to get shitty. Needless to say I'm glad it will be a big pain in the ass once I decide to tackle it lol
Huh? Are you talking about the body mount bushing? If so, that's remarkably bizarre, as my truck is pretty much rust-free and I just noticed that rusty mess hiding behind the bumper:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A new set of headlight assemblies that are not all UV damaged
Thanks, great idea. I've been unimpressed by the "cleaners" as they don't seem to work well. Have you or anyone done a conversion to LED lights? Thoughts on the various products...

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
57 Posts
Huh? Are you talking about the body mount bushing? If so, that's remarkably bizarre, as my truck is pretty much rust-free and I just noticed that rusty mess hiding behind the bumper:

Actually ya thats exactly it. That's super weird.

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,217 Posts
Actually ya thats exactly it. That's super weird.
Well damn, everyone should take their front bumper off and inspect that bugger! I was thinking it must be due to battery acid having spilled down the fender liner onto it over the years, but that seems unlikely now that it's not an isolated incident. (I have no indications that that ever happened.) Maybe its location below the EVAP canister has something to do with it? Could it be radiator related? The drain cock is on that side, if I remember right. Years of people draining the coolant without a hose to direct it could perhaps result in runoff pooling over there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts