Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I recently picked up my first bronco!(pics are on my profile) there's a ton to do but one of the first things we are doing is exhaust. I wanna go cherry bomb glasspack but I can't find a complete exhaust anywhere. I have the inline 6 300, tell me what you have or let me know of any advice you have!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm pretty new to the fsb world still, especially the 6/300. But I'm gonna be running pacesetter shortys, custom 2.5" Y, 1 magnaflow 3" cat, 3" hooker aerochamber, 3" magnaflow ss tailpipe. Good luck on your exhaust! Any pictures of your bronco?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea click on my profile! It's the 81, not the 69 lol
I'm pretty new to the fsb world still, especially the 6/300. But I'm gonna be running pacesetter shortys, custom 2.5" Y, 1 magnaflow 3" cat, 3" hooker aerochamber, 3" magnaflow ss tailpipe. Good luck on your exhaust! Any pictures of your bronco?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had a custom 3" put in by a speed shop - Because no one carries a stock on for my year the shop had to build a 2 1/4 to 3" y-pipe to connect to the exhaust manifold, then 3" single pipe out to the back with a flowmaster 50 series in the stock location.

Best bet is to find a good muffler, like a thrush hushpower or a decent turbo-style, and have a shop set up the tubing. A good shop will be able to add larger tubing and a catalytic converter, and then add in a catback system of your choice, or just fab a new system with the muffler you already have. Bending pipe is very easy and quick for them.

If you are going custom and no emissions, just grab a set of tube headers and some exhaust tubing and run it however you need. You can get most local shops to bend tubing for you as needed, or buy pre-bent tubes, and you'd just have to make a front run, as any catback system could be run out the back.

If you go with a cherrybomb glasspack be prepared for lots and lots of noise. I ran cherrybombs for a while and got annoyed too much on long road trips, they were almost as loud as my superswampers on the freeway. Plus it was hard to be stealthy anywhere when the exhaust could be heard for miles.

Good luck.

·
Forward Some Money
5,051 Posts
I don't have a 300/6 but I run a Bassani stainless steel. It is a faily "mellow" exhaust but sounds very nice.

I agree with MDG, the glasspacks will grow louder. Considering you live in a decent climate, you'll probably want your rear window down a bit more than us northerners. The noise will become irritating. Even my Bassani has a bit of a drone to it that some back seat passengers don't like.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have stock exhaust. I've considered going to a flowmaster dual exhaust for it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Stock manifolds, 2 cats, ripped the rest off and dumped the exhaust with a 45degree out past the door. Good noise when I get on it, quiet at speed. And it cost me 6 bucks total.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't have a 300/6 but I run a Bassani stainless steel. It is a faily "mellow" exhaust but sounds very nice.

I agree with MDG, the glasspacks will grow louder. Considering you live in a decent climate, you'll probably want your rear window down a bit more than us northerners. The noise will become irritating. Even my Bassani has a bit of a drone to it that some back seat passengers don't like.

You have any video of your exhaust? It sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, something "mellow" but nice sounding.

·
Premium Member
1989 Eddie Bauer 5.8, C6, True Trac diffs, 4.56 gears, 4" C&T lift, 130A 3G Alt, 35" Grabber AT2s
595 Posts
Stock manifolds, 2.5" primaries, high flow cats, Flowmaster 40 mufflers, 2.5" tailpipes exiting behind the rear tires. True duals with a crossover for the O2 sensor. Sounds pretty good. :rockon

·
Premium Member
4,779 Posts
Ok guys, I recently picked up my first bronco!(pics are on my profile) there's a ton to do but one of the first things we are doing is exhaust. I wanna go cherry bomb glasspack but I can't find a complete exhaust anywhere. I have the inline 6 300, tell me what you have or let me know of any advice you have!
I have a 92 300(4.9L) and I replaced my whole exhaust using essentially a stock Walker/Dynomax setup, only moved up to 2.5" instead of the stock 2.25". And, I replaced the dual catalytic converters with a single 3way converter. I think my manifold is a little different from yours but You can find the Walker parts are pretty much OEM style and bolt up with no problems.

it's freer flowing than stock and easy to service and get parts for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Summit shorties. Truck had no cats and a generic muffler that dumped under the cab when I got it.

Just installed factory Walker cats and muffler. Bronco is generally a hunting rig, and I wanted something to cut down on the smell and noise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts