Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
plug ugly said:
without OD I would stay at 4.56 or even 4.10 and do a doubler. with the c6 I would think you could squezze one in, just try and move the sterling back if that is what you are going with.
:stupid
my 4.10s and 35s are barely tolerable with a C6. If you got the BW case I understand that a 205/203 doubler is only an inch or so longer than it.

· Registered
386 Posts
Only regurgitating what I read. I do know that the BW is a huge bitch.

· Registered
386 Posts
ok plug. Ord has conflicting info on their site. one place it says that a gen2 doubler adds 6 inches to a 205. my 205 is 12.5 or so. 12.5 + 6 = 18.5 18.5-16.5(your number)= 2 inches. Somewhere else it also says a complete doubler is 21.5 od. Possibly this is a difference between the two models. When I posted about the length, I was simply using ORD's own numbers from their site that I had researched several months back. I figure that their info is probably pretty accurate since they make the part and I felt comfortable relaying that. It's not like I just pulled the number outta my a$$. Did the one you looked at have a steel adapter or an aluminum one? It also says the new version is 3 inches shorter than the old one. 21.5 - 3 = 18.5 Coincidence, Maybe, maybe not.

From ORD's Site:
For those of you familiar with our previous versions of the Doubler™, the difference between the Gen1(old ones) and the Gen2 (new kits) is that the Gen2 eliminates the factory adapter housing. This makes the overall length 3 inches shorter than the shortest Gen1, and also makes the unit much stronger since there is only one adapter housing between the 203 and 205. The Doubler™ is only available in 31 or 32 spline which also eliminates any weak link in the transfer case system. We also have the option of doing custom rotations of the 205 and 203, and can mix and match Ford or GM 203's with Ford or GM 205's. More on this later under "Custom Rotations and Hybrid applications".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.