Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This.

Had a decent day to do this...first time using the spray on bedliner junk. Went on fine. Over the summer when I have access to a garage I am going to do the lower portion of the entire truck...

Tell me what you think.

Kyle

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bnkrtstk said:
It's the most likely place to get scratched while putting things in through the open window.
Exactly...and there was some small little spots of surface rust...so I sanded those away, Rust-oleum primed it, and then went to the coating.

·
Administrator
22,857 Posts
bnkrtstk said:
It's the most likely place to get scratched while putting things in through the open window.
cool...think Im going to try that stuff on the inside of the tailgate...mines pretty much destroyed.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the inside because the guy who had it last ran metal shooting targets over it all the time. Its not that hard either and looks much better than scratched up paint.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You also live in Arizona where rust isn't as much of a problem as in Colorado. Scratched paint here is a welcome mat for rust.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did that to my 96 a last year. Not the inside though. I had a ton of scratches from lumber and dog toe nails. It is holding up pretty well. Too bad I have the rot at the bottom of the tailgate.

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Looks good, best to take care of that surface rust before it becomes thru-rust. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah the stuff says it is paintable so it shouldn't be a problem. But I like the way it looks, and the paint would probably scratch off.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
ya know, that's exactly what i did over a rainy day last summer, and for the same reason too. went with my buddy, got 20 bucks of supplies (including flat gray paint to re-paint my bumpers with, which is gonna get done this summer). and had it done in about 2 hours. didn't do the tail-gate though. if digger gives me the OK, i'll probably do the inside of the tail-gate like you did, mines pretty banged up.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is a quick photochop of what I want to do soon.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Whats the actual product name? I used a spray on type on my under carriage & didn't like the results. If i could find a quality product i would like to do the same thing as your going to do. Around the wheel openings,down to the lower doors.Rust is a big issue in Minnesota with all the salt they use in the winter.

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
I wouldnt do over the wheels, Just the bottom of the doors/panels.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Drilim said:
I wouldnt do over the wheels, Just the bottom of the doors/panels.
The reason I am doing over the wheels is because I have the beautiful chrome "accents" I guess. They tend to filter all the water there and rust, I have some rust starting to develop, so that is why I was planning on going over the wheels.

swampbronc said:
Whats the actual product name? I used a spray on type on my under carriage & didn't like the results. If i could find a quality product i would like to do the same thing as your going to do. Around the wheel openings,down to the lower doors.Rust is a big issue in Minnesota with all the salt they use in the winter.
I used some cheapo stuff I found at Ace Hardware, honestly couldn't tell you the name. For the larger project I will buy some higher quality stuff. Hoping to MAYBE attempt this next weekend.

This is probably what I will use to do the rest. I'd rather have the control of the roller, spraying can get messy, and you do less taping off because no overspray.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
here's what it looks like for what you are talking about.

[/url][/IMG]

over the wheeks was pretty difficult to tape off symatrically.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts