Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I have C.R.S
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my question. What is better for a daily driver? Wen it comes to providing maximum traction in off roading. Please keep in mind this is for a daily driver. I need a definition of the function of a locker and a minispool. I need to know the differance between the too. As for the set up I am going to start out with. I will be installing a Skyjacker 6" system there will be no blocks or brackets it comes with new A arms and replacement springs. I will be sticking with the TTB & the stock 8.8 for the time being. As for the tires I am going to start with BFG M/T's 35" x 12.5" x 15" on 15" x 10" ultra rims. The gears I want to switch to are 4:88.1. The plan is to latter on go to 38" 's along with the 1 ton SAS swap of a dana 60 front and a sterling 10.25 rear axel. So if anyone of you could enlighten me as to what would be best for the setup I have desided on, It will be greatly appericated.

Nemesis

http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/southern4x4ofbowlinggreenky/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=10490

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
You mean it comes with new radius arms? The locker debate has been discussed a lot try search. Can we get an Eaton E-locker for the 8.8 yet?

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
ToddACimer said:
You mean it comes with new radius arms? The locker debate has been discussed a lot try search. Can we get an Eaton E-locker for the 8.8 yet?
I've got an Eaton E-locker in my 8.8, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Cheaper than an ARB and requires no compressor.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Dave's Bronc 90 said:
I've got an Eaton E-locker in my 8.8, I have nothing but good things to say about it. Cheaper than an ARB and requires no compressor.
I've always thought they were sweet but I didnt know you could put one in an 8.8.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I've always thought they were sweet but I didnt know you could put one in an 8.8.

Yeah, I like mine. Bought it brand new off of e-Bay for $500.:thumbup I wish they had one available for the D44, I'd buy a second one in a heartbeat if it was available.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I thought there was one for the D44. That would be a sweet set up if there was

·
I have C.R.S
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so your saing I should go with the Eaton E-Locker for the rear 8.8. Do they make one that will fit the D44 TTB up front? I also want to know if anyone eles knows of or has or has had aftermarket bumpers from RoadArmor.com. I am looking into a couple of them they look like good heavy bumpers with built in winch mounts & tow points. They are also good on ground clearance from what I have seen.

Nemesis

http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/southern4x4ofbowlinggreenky/vehicles/registry/detail.php?id=10490

1 - 9 of 9 Posts