Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question. I thought about it tonight at the pumps. Is tank capacity measured as when the nozzle stops on its own, or when the tank is overflowing?

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
I would think it would be the point just before the tank is considered overfull?
or just before the filler neck begins to fill? damn!

or the actual inside volume of the tank, regardless whether or not it can be completely filled to that. yeah, that sounds better!

I thought you said this was an easy question!?!?

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
I usually don't let mine get past 1/2 a tank before I fill it up again....it would hurt my feelings to fill that bad boy up from empty.

Good question though, I've always wondered that myself.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I filled mine up last night at about 1/8 of a tank. Held 13.5 more gallons. 16 gallon tank?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You've got 2 tanks. Run one empty, switch to the other tank, and go fill it up. Then you will know how much it really holds.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got 2 tanks. Run one empty, switch to the other tank, and go fill it up. Then you will know how much it really holds.
Who does? I sure dont. It would be nice though.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
35 gallons on my 89 from bone dry to top of the filler neck. Includes fuel line to engine when the pump is primed, and the filler neck. And it only cost me $102 to fill up.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I like this old school pump by my Mom's. No black rubber part and you can hold it barley open so it trickles in. Like to fill up that "dangerous" vapor zone up to the neck so it touches the cap :D Have to be careful you don't spill and watch out if someone on the other side is using the pump because it jerks.

·
FSB warrior
6,114 Posts
Everything I was reading about getting a new fuel pump seams to suggest most pickups are 19 gallon, both my front and rear are 19's

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn...didn't know that was the case. You just have the 19 gal rear tank then? You must get gas every time you drive it.
Everything I was reading about getting a new fuel pump seams to suggest most pickups are 19 gallon, both my front and rear are 19's
Well dang, something is off then! I fill it up between 1/4 and 1/8 and it nver holds more than 13 gallons. I dont see how it could have 6 gallons still in it(almost 1/3 of a tank) and show below 1/4...

·
FSB warrior
6,114 Posts
OK 80-89 is 19 in the rear and 16 or 19 if its a long or short bed in the front
90-96 is 18 in the rear. I double checked on LMC and sure enough.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for that info. My gauge is still way off though.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts