Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
That's your EVR. The EVR is EGR Vacuum Regulator. Basically it controls the vacuum to the EGR by allowing more or less vacuum.

·
Super Moderator
14,732 Posts
Actually it is this...

That part goes to the smog pump, it's a TAD(Thermactor Air Divertor) of TAS Thermactor Air Sensor, or something like that. From what I have been told it will not do anything to the driveability of your rig.

Here is another pic courtesy of Steve83. We had a thread about this not too long ago and it was decided that the problem I was having was probably vacuum related.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
I'm sorry, I thought he was pointing at the EVR.

·
Super Moderator
14,732 Posts
Maybe he is, I just took another look at his pic and its kind of tough to tell, figured I would give him some options.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help, to clear it up though, i was pointing to the round thing, its melted on the top.

If that is what it is though, then i dont think its any part of my problem cause i have already cut out the cats, removed the smog pump, and re-routed all the smog lines.

Im having a stalling problem, I already cleaned out the air regulator thing on the throttle body.

I had it gone for a while, but i have done so much to the efi and ignitions systems that i dont think I can pinpoint what it was that i did to get rid of it for the short time it was gone.

Thanks again

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Whoa! Well, I'd say you either have a vacuum leak, or you've confused the hell out of your computer. To find a vacuum leak, take a Butain torch (not lit of course) and run it over your vacuum lines. When the idle picks up, that's where the leak is.

After that, I'd start puttin stuff back on until I found the problem. The EGR doesn't hinder performance, so I'd definantely put that back on. If you took off the cross over that goes from the back of your heads to where the cat used to be, then make sure you plugged the holes well. If you just left that cross over on, you may want to take it off, and then plug the holes. After that, plug the vacuum lines that connected to it, or run new lines. And, if the EVR is melted, it may be the source of the leak. I'd replace it.

Man, I think you've got a bird nest to sort through. Try the vacuum thing first, and then tell us what you came up with.

By the way, after you find any leaks, if there are any, I'd disconect the battery and let it sit for about 1/2 hour to let the computer reset.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt take the EGR or any of the vacuum lines, just the smog pump, and re-routed the lines that went to that.

I did plug the crossover up.

I will replace the EVR and see what happens after that.

Thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts