Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and cannot find exactly what i'm searching for. Does anyone know what cam, timing set, and valve springs are my best bet for a low-mid RPM 351M. Bone stock but will end up going Intake and carb when I dive into it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i would recommend going to a special ground camshaft, tell them the specs to your motor and what it is you want out of it. you will be alot happier then if you go out and buy one of these Mass produced cams. Price is almost the same.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I've searched and cannot find exactly what i'm searching for. Does anyone know what cam, timing set, and valve springs are my best bet for a low-mid RPM 351M. Bone stock but will end up going Intake and carb when I dive into it.
Edelbrock performer cam, timing set, and springs are probably the best bang for the buck on a 351M-400. These will give you a good idle, good low end torque, and good driveability. I think you can buy the complete setup for less than $250.

Search the 78-79 forum for all your 351m-400 questions. the 351M-400 was the only engine you could get in a 78-79.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts