• Chevrolet S10 ZR2

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
andy, i know that, had to see if people actually thought that, remember that vid of that H2 breakin the front end?

wes

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Would have to go with either the Tacoma or the ranger stage 2 for right off the line offroad performance.:beer

·
Registered
163 Posts
The stock Tacoma's wern't doing that bad at my local mud drags a while back. Sure it was only about 1.5 ft of mud, but they still weren't doing that bad.

·
gone fish'n
23,564 Posts
how come no F-350 powerstoke desiels?

the rest are junk

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
You should have just left out all the Dodges and the H2 as well, it was kinda a waste of poll space lol

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
jeep Rubicon probably .. I know it's not a choice, but I bet it is the most capable in stock form :shrug

I haven't seen a Ford Ranger 4x4 Off-Road Level II

·
Registered
748 Posts
All the magazine reveiws and tests I've read on the Ranger FX4 stage 2, said they were pretty surprised at how well it handled off road. A lot of praise was put on the use of Bilstein shocks on the truck versus the F-150 FX4s which use Ranchos. But I haven't driven any vehicles on the list so what the hell else do I know. Other then the 2002+ Dodge Ram noses are too big for their own good. If I recall correctly the magazine that tested the 4x4 in stock form used up the front air dam and bumper pretty good. The ZR2s are pretty good for what they were since they were built on a completely different stronger frame then what the regular S10/Blazers were they were just underpowered.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I might be a little biased (since I drive a ranger :brownbag) but it seems like my little truck can go through most anything, except ruts from 44's I don't even have the FX4, and it can weel with the big ens:beer

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
Max said:
The ZR2s are pretty good for what they were since they were built on a completely different stronger frame then what the regular S10/Blazers were they were just underpowered.
I had a '96 S10 ZR2 when I was out in Colorado .. it didn't seem underpowered to me .. I could pull my buddy's fullsize chevy pickup out when he was really stuck and I was in low range :shrug it had Bielstien shocks/suspension and I have never ridden in anything offroad capable that felt as good as that truck .. on or offroad

... the s10 blazers were another story though :confused: total turds

·
Registered
748 Posts
Damager said:
I had a '96 S10 ZR2 when I was out in Colorado .. it didn't seem underpowered to me .. I could pull my buddy's fullsize chevy pickup out when he was really stuck and I was in low range :shrug it had Bielstien shocks/suspension and I have never ridden in anything offroad capable that felt as good as that truck .. on or offroad

... the s10 blazers were another story though :confused: total turds
In that statement Damager I was comparing the ZR2 lineup to Ford's lineup. The ZR2 Blazer was down 10 - 15 HP on the Explorer Sport, but I'm sure the 190HP that those engines had were good enough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts