Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,961 Posts
I use several names on different web sites. I’ve been retired for 15 years now but once was a captain on 727‘s,737’s, 757’s, and 767’s. So that’s where my name comes from. Can’t help it, just keeps the memories alive.
Not many 727s around anymore. I only see them in Africa and South America.

·
Registered
45 Posts
In the movie Romancing the Stone a drug dealer gives Michael Douglas’ character a ride into town in a Bronco he calls My Little Mule, Pepe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I remember that movie and in fact inspired my build.... My family all has old Ford trucks and I had to be a little different.....
Trinity County Bronco.jpg

·
Registered
38 Posts
I weld stuff together for a living...
I live right outside of NYC...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine is because I made the mistake of letting my 1993 model go in 2004. It took me until 2019 to find it, on the opposite side of the state, and buy it back.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,233 Posts
Said before... but wth. Chose the name back in Win 3.1 days when chatting on AOL chatrooms was practically fantasy play and a descriptive name was a big deal.

Family last name is "DePew". Dad's gone by "Pepe`" forever, after the Warner Bro's "Pepe` LePew". Dad asked me to draw a keggar/unicorn flyer for a club party and to sign it "Pepe` Jr.". I adopted the handle to help confuse leo's, as it was Dad's known alias and he was well known in the area for growing some of the best illegal marijuana around.

I'm 3rd generation H-D rider. Grandpa was a 1%'er, Dad met him and fell into the life. Eventually joined a riders, party club in the mid-late 70's, so I grew up with the club activities... camping, poker runs, weekends running the club drag bike and other fast bikes and cars at the drag strip. Never did the club thing but life without a hog wouldn't be a life I'd be interested in.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
D-Rock was my nickname growing up... assigned by some friends who were presumably to lazy to say Derek. Assigned again during university by friends on my FSAE team. Heck of a lot better than some of the other nicknames that went around. One guy broke a few things and became the Mangler

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first vehicle was a 79' F100. Hence the name "My79Ford". I've been using that handle and another derivative since 2002ish on pretty much all the forums I am on.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
7,928 Posts
Quick Draw McGraw is a cartoon horse from when I was a kid. Sometimes he was a sheriff, & sometimes a marshall. El Kabong was his alter ego. I liked the Bronco/horse connection. This was my first screen name, & choosing a name different than my own felt like an alter ego thing, so it was El K rather than QDMcG. I'm a straight laced sober guy. No bong was involved in the selection of this user name, but the similarity of terms has brought about some confusion over the years. I've met members who, after meeting me, have asked "what's up with the bong name?" It came up often enough that I finally incorporated an explanation into my sig.

In other places where El Kabong was already taken, or too confusing to explain, I use FullRaceMerc. It's an old hot rodder term. In the flat head days Mercury engines were the same block but had a little bigger displacement than Ford engines. So the Ford guys would build & drop the Merc engines into their hot rods. The term "full race" refers to the cam grind & the performance level of the build. So the quickest Fords of the era had a full race merc under the hood (if they had a hood 😁 ). I still have one hot old Mercury, & even though it's from a later era, I thought it was a cool old phrase.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts