1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
That's the vacuum reservoir that supplies your EGR and Thermactor systems. Most of the time if it's disconnected you'll eventually (and it sometimes takes a long time) start getting a sporadic check engine light because the EVP sensor will detect that the EGR isn't moving any more. Luckily it's obnoxiously easy to fix.

If you just broke the plastic emissions tubing, get some rubber tube that will slide tight over it and patch it.

If you broke the nipples off the reservoir, you can just use a length of hose and splice the red and black tubes end to end for now -- the system will still mostly work. Then you can pick up a new reservoir at a junkyard for about $2 on average. :toothless

Or you can do like I did, and re-plumb the entire emissions vacuum system in new rubber hose, because half my emissions lines were broken and I had a quarter-sized rust hole in the bottom of the reservoir. :toothless Took no time at all to do, and now it works like a charm.

If you're in an area with a sniffer test, odds are good you'd fail with that disconnected.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Just get some rubber hose that you can slip up on the outside, about 2" long or so, and "join them back together". Its a small hose.... but any vacuum leak aint good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.