Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the interior panel off that is in the back on the passanger side on the bottom- its the length of the bed and found a electronic module bolted to the to the body- its located near the floor behind the passenger seat. Its taped up with the wires going to the transfer case. Any body know what it is?

Thanks-

Aaron

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I pulled the interior panel off that is in the back on the passanger side on the bottom- its the length of the bed and found a electronic module bolted to the to the body- its located near the floor behind the driver seat. Its taped up with the wires going to the transfer case. Any body know what it is?

Thanks-

Aaron
I'm a little confused by your post, is it on the drivers side or passenger side? How are the wires routed from inside the body to the transfer case? through a grommet?

Yeah, we need pictures

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a little confused by your post, is it on the drivers side or passenger side? How are the wires routed from inside the body to the transfer case? through a grommet?

Yeah, we need pictures
Sorry, I meant pass. side, and yes the wires for the TC follow the pass. side rocker with the wires for the module then go to the center of the floor to a grommet. Here's a pic.

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
yo, this is your Air Bag Sensor,
Rear Air Bag Sensor and Bracket Assembly
also called the RH Safing Sensor) Location
at the base of the RH (passenger side) B Pillar in 94-96

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yo, this is your Air Bag Sensor,
Rear Air Bag Sensor and Bracket Assembly
also called the RH Safing Sensor) Location
at the base of the RH (passenger side) B Pillar in 94-96
Thanks miesk5, you the man:rockon. The steering wheel is in rough shape, I was planning on going with a aftermarket wheel if I can find one to work on that year steering column. Has any body messed with the disassembly of a air bag steering wheel on a bronco?

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
yo Aaron,
yw

Sure; Removal & Installation in a 95 (part of his steering wheel replacement)
Source: by Jim E (silent one) at http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145142

I have to add that disconnecting the Battery & ANY OTHER BATTERY in your Bronco HAS TO BE DONE; I wait longer.. up to 30 minutes while I check (friend's vehicles) for aftermarket or DIY accessories that have a battery in it. Found 2 vehicles that had a rechargeable batty for a; spotlight (12v) and a CB radio with rechargeable battery that was still plugged into a DIY powerpoint inside the console.

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
No lag :beer , I typically reinforce the correct answer in the "noobie" section. Idiots (not talking about anybody in this thread) can post the wrong answer, so it’s good for people to see the correct answer repeated from older members.
Has any body messed with the disassembly of a air bag steering wheel on a bronco?
Bodyshops do it all the time. Don't be stupid, unbolt and unplug it. ALWAYS store it face up, so it won't launch into the air

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
No lag :beer , I typically reinforce the correct answer in the "noobie" section. Idiots (not talking about anybody in this thread) can post the wrong answer, so it’s good for people to see the correct answer repeated from older members.

Bodyshops do it all the time. Don't be stupid, unbolt and unplug it. ALWAYS store it face up, so it won't launch into the air
yo Ryan,
ok..:thumbup I do have extreme Comcast Lag.. last tech did spill the beans on the issue @ CC. At times, my PC will take 3 mins to dnld a 1MB file and when trying to open a simple wen site (like mine or your's w/no streaming videoes) I take a nap.

As for "older".. I am Sure that I win that race!

·
Super Moderator
26,996 Posts
thats prety bad for comcast, you must live in a small town?
yo,
Yes, a small, isolated lake area in the Pines. Seems every third vehicle that drives-by is a Comcast or now, Infinity van.
And the electric co. just replaced all the poles around here, but did not re-install the squirrel guards! Now we have more power outages than ever. My next step is to go solar for some important items and a generator.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts