Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I need your help again. This hose Is loose, ir has a small vacumm.
Where should ir be connected and what Is the sensor ir comes from called?
It's in a 94 Bronco 5.0
Thanks, sorry if it's a stupid question. I am new ti this and can't search because i dont know what it is called

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
That's not a sensor, but a solenoid type vacuum valve. The plugged side should go to the carbon canister on the frame rail waaay down there. The PCM will open the solenoid and allow the fuel fumes to be pulled from the canister under certain conditions. (Cruise, fully warmed up, etc.)

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
See the pic below of my 1990 5.8L VECI Label.

You can see the Fuel Vapor Line originating at the fuel tank, going through a Vacuum Restrictor (VREST) to the Carbon Canister, and then through the Canister Purge Regulator Valve (CPRV) (aka Canister Purge Solenoid (CANP)) to the Throttle Body.

Here is a pic of the Canister Purge Regulator Valve (CPRV), (aka Canister Purge (CANP)), that you are looking for. My CPRV/CANP Solenoid is mounted adjacent to my throttle body. It is obvious when you see it.

Here is a pic of the CPRV/CANP Solenoid location in my engine compartment. See the red circle. Note the Harness Connector and also the vent lines from the Carbon Canister and to the Throttle Body.

See this link to Steve83's explanation of the Carbon Canister. Lots more information at BroncoLinks.com. :thumbup

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
From the shop manual from 89 Ford:
The canister purge solenoid is part of the Evaporative Emission Control System and is used with the Electronic Engine Control (EEC). This valve controls the flow of vapors and from the carbon canister to the intake manifold during various engine operating modes. This valve controls the carbon canister purging (this is what your plugged hose should be going too) This is normally closed valve that is opened by a signal from the electronic control assembly (ECA).

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
41 Posts
Hi guys. I need your help again. This hose Is loose, ir has a small vacumm.
Where should ir be connected and what Is the sensor ir comes from called?
It's in a 94 Bronco 5.0
Thanks, sorry if it's a stupid question. I am new ti this and can't search because i dont know what it is called View attachment 152039
If you look at the picture--look over your finger. It goes in the end of the canister beside the other two. Push it into the rubber piece. If it does not want to stay on. Put a new piece of rubber on it , I know--WHY DIDN,T I SEE THAT ? It happens to all of us

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
If you look at the picture--look over your finger. It goes in the end of the canister beside the other two. Push it into the rubber piece. If it does not want to stay on. Put a new piece of rubber on it , I know--WHY DIDN,T I SEE THAT ? It happens to all of us
@Johnnyreb1 I'll call BS on this, that vacuum line DOES NOT go to the coffee can vacuum reservoir, it goes to the carbon canister like I said above. Please don't put out false information, if you don't know, please don't post.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,899 Posts
I'm just gonna say welcome, and the only stupid question is the one u don't ask... Believe me... I am the queen of stupid questions and these guys are so great... And so patient... They'll answer anything u ask... Usually with great pictures or links and generally in terms I can understand (so kinda dumbed down for the slow kid in the back of the room 😏).
Hope u figure out ur mystery hose issue... These guys will get cha there 👍

·
Registered
2-78 bronco,s-I is a ranger xlt and one is a custom-It has original 4 speed and I put a 390 in it
41 Posts
@Johnnyreb1 I'll call BS on this, that vacuum line DOES NOT go to the coffee can vacuum reservoir, it goes to the carbon canister like I said above. Please don't put out false information, if you don't know, please don't post.
Well excuse me ! I was looking at the lenght and ONLY places that was show was the end of the can.

·
Registered
924 Posts
the canister is square looking on the frame down in front of the smog pump itself on my 90. mines unhooked as well but still there idk why po did this. i need to hook it back up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts