Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dont have my camera but I will try to describe as best I can. It has a hose coming from the brake booster and four wires coming out of it. Reason Im asking about it is because 1 of the wires is cut off. Its the one above the hose from the booster. Will this hurt anything? I know my truck has hesitation going from a dead stop but I always thought it was tranny related, but now Im thinking it might have something to do with that wire. Im hoping someone will post a picture showing where the wire is supposed to go so I can build another perhaps or buy another harness :cry.
'90 302 AOD TIA

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
How about YOU post a pic so we know WTF you're talking about?

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
hose from the brake booster?...are you sure the other wires are not vacuum lines?....I don't recall any wires running to anything with the brake booser line ends up on the intake...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about YOU post a pic so we know WTF you're talking about?
Did you read my post? I dont have a camera.............................Its the same thing in Redwagons pic (thank you by BTW) cept mine has wires or what looks like wires.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Did you read my post? I dont have a camera.............................Its the same thing in Redwagons pic (thank you by BTW) cept mine has wires or what looks like wires.
look closely at those "wires" they might be hollow, if it's going to the tree on the intake manifold it's a vac. line

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
look closely at those "wires" they, if it's going to the tree on the intake manifold it's a vac. line
Alright so now where are they going to? The one on top is cut and Im trying to trace them all back to see if they are all going to the same place. This would definitely cause a problem with throttle response right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that chart is gone. But I am going through my Haynes its just not saying where that hose is going.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
I agree. Mine on my truck are red IIRC. They appear to be wires, but they are in fact small vaccum lines. Trace them back and see where they go.

My bad about the camera thing, missed it the first time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I agree. Mine on my truck are red IIRC. They appear to be wires, but they are in fact small vaccum lines. Trace them back and see where they go.

My bad about the camera thing, missed it the first time.
Hey the Giants won man! Everything is alright tonight! Anyway mine are also red so you know WTF Im talking about now right? lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh and if I remember right one port isnt even used...it just has a cap over it.
Shoot that might be the one Im looking at. mine is just taped though so it might still be a leak. Ill buy a nipple tomorrow and see what happens. If it was in fact a leak then I should feel an immediate difference in my throttle response, right?

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,353 Posts
If it is leaking your idle will most likely be way off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts