Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone so I was looking over the engine bay of my 1993 Bronco 5.8L, because I am having some engine rpm problems (Already made a post in regards). As a result of this issue the engine rpm raises and lowers significantly while in gear and idle. Today I was pulling out of my drive way and the car had shifted gears as a result of the rpms raising (despite me not touching the throttle). when I reached the end of the drive way the breaks lost all compression and a break line broke due to the pressure as the car was fighting to move forward. Thankfully I was able to get the car back to its parking spot and when I looked under the hood to inspect what had happened I noticed there was a vacuum line disconnected. I am unsure where this line is suppose to be connected which is my question for you all! I have made a short Youtube video to show the route and the line itself. I have looked at vacuum line diagrams however I can't seem to understand them. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Youtube video-

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's emissions BS. I think the TAB and TAD lines. Looks like the TAD line is dry rot. It should hook up behind the intake manifold near the firewall:

Also are you having brake issues? It sounds like your brake booster has a leak.... Can you hear a hissing noise where the brake pedal is? Does your brake pedal have little resistance?

·
Registered
840 Posts
It's weird in my 95 that yellow line doesn't belong in that loop. Can you trace from the yellow line from the TAD and see where it goes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will definitely take a look at the TAD line thank you for the picture! Speaking of the breaks the previous owner replaced the master cylinder and the breaks do have a small leak however as stated one of the old rust breaklines broke under pressure making it so I have to put the peddle to the floor in order to stop in the photo I believe it is the one that makes a 90° there as it is not connected to anything currently and when I opened the hood to inspect what had happened there was evidence of fluid everywhere (Spots and splatters on the passenger side of engine bay) however if I repair and replace the break lines the issue still will persist with the rpm fluctuations more than likely causing another older break line to burst
20200810_061747.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't post the video of the TAD vacuum lines as it is too large of a file so I will upload it to you later today after I get off work however I was poking around the engine bay this morning and noticed another vacuum line that has broken an been fixed with some tubing this line leads into the cabin do any of you know what its for?
20200810_063935.jpg
20200810_063949.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can't post the video of the TAD vacuum lines as it is too large of a file so I will upload it to you later today after I get off work however I was poking around the engine bay this morning and noticed another vacuum line that has broken an been fixed with some tubing this line leads into the cabin do any of you know what its for? View attachment 165172 View attachment 165173
I’m pretty sure that is for the A/C recirc/fresh air door actuator. Pretty common issue, that white plastic line will dry rot.

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo,
I had to break my reply down due to extreme lag here.
1993 Bronco VECI Emissions Vacuum Diagram, 49 States

by Seattle FSB
VRESSEER is the vacuum tank on passenger side.

pic by fordbronco1995

Pic by Seattle FSB
Solenoids are the TAD & TAB

·
Registered
198 Posts
Looks like it's time to replace all those vacuum lines with either rubber or silicone. It's the right thing to do. Performance will improve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts