Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 336 Posts

· Premium Member
13,409 Posts
Lose the big drop in the bottom middle of the bumper, raise up the winch mount. Get rid of 2 of the driving light holes. Make the D-rings mount to the frame horns and get rid of the name on the bumper. When I buy a car or truck the first thing I tell the salesman is don't even bother to put your sticker on my T-gate or your liscence plate frames. When you start paying me to advertise for you then we can talk about putting the name on.

Whats the price range?

· search, you #$%@! noob
11,201 Posts
Honestly, I dont like it at all. The "Iron Bull" logo needs to go away; if the customer is spending an ass load of money, they dont want a billboard. That thing you call a skid is at a terrible angle and hangs WAY too low for any decent wheeling. It really kills that trucks looks IMO. That truck has a clean classic look, and here you are throwing a bumper on it that looks like it should be on a 07 Super Duty or Chevy. Too many angles, too bulky in general, and four lights?! C'mon now, everybody knows classic Fords dont need any "Fog" lights.
i'm also with stan and reptillikus on this, there is no way a modern bumper design like this belongs on a 78-9 bronco. it just looks completely wrong, might as well throw some 22" dubs on while you're at it.

i could "maybe" see it on the '92-96 body style.

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hey, everything needs a little modern styling now and then......as for the lights.....there is no problem deleting 1 set or both sets if that is your choice...there is a $75 charge for the light delete....there is no name on the bumper when ordered with a receiver mount ($150)....which judging by the uses you all use them for will be quite a popular option....I know there are a lot of people who don't like the name plate and say they don't like to be a billboard but look at all the wheels and tires and lift kits and shocks and exhausts and intake .....even spark plugs and plug wires all have the company name written on them...the upper name plate that is silver isn't included unless asked for and there is no charge for those....

Now as for price........$1299 plus shipping is the standard price but for my bronco bumpers, Since I am now a new vendor I am going to do an introductory price of $999 plus shipping for a couple months for FSB members only...this goes for all bumper, not just the Bronco ones...

· yes
2,109 Posts
Hey, everything needs a little modern styling now and then......as for the lights.....there is no problem deleting 1 set or both sets if that is your choice...there is a $75 charge for the light delete....there is no name on the bumper when ordered with a receiver mount ($150)....which judging by the uses you all use them for will be quite a popular option....I know there are a lot of people who don't like the name plate and say they don't like to be a billboard but look at all the wheels and tires and lift kits and shocks and exhausts and intake .....even spark plugs and plug wires all have the company name written on them...the upper name plate that is silver isn't included unless asked for and there is no charge for those....

Now as for price........$1299 plus shipping is the standard price but for my bronco bumpers, Since I am now a new vendor I am going to do an introductory price of $999 plus shipping for a couple months for FSB members only...this goes for all bumper, not just the Bronco ones...
I'd also like to see pics with the receiver mount.

· Registered
109 Posts
i'm also with stan and reptillikus on this, there is no way a modern bumper design like this belongs on a 78-9 bronco. ...i could "maybe" see it on the '92-96 body style.
I can see the comments about the modern look not being appropriate for this rig. Though, I reckon this was designed for those who fully mod their truck for serious offroading. If you are restoring your truck more for street, light trail use, this isn't the product for you. Just my two cents on that.

I'd like to see the back of it and how it mounts up. Also, it looks good with that style grill. I wonder how it would look with a different grill which had more crome, hiding the black radiator behind it. Seems like the bumper would stand out more and look even more out of place.

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
let me see

I'd also like to see pics with the receiver mount.

this is the only pic as this is the only one we have made so far....I can say there is no logo and the receiver comes out just below the winch mount

this is the best pic I can find of the receiver mount...hope it helps

· Registered
1,982 Posts
I know there are a lot of people who don't like the name plate and say they don't like to be a billboard but look at all the wheels and tires and lift kits and shocks and exhausts and intake .....even spark plugs and plug wires all have the company name written on them...the upper name plate that is silver isn't included unless asked for and there is no charge for those....
Logo is fine.. Logo twice in weird font on top sreaming the brand name AND cut out in huge letter's is a tad over the top. All of the above mentioned items DO have logo's however they are done in good taste .I don't care if anyone agree's with me or not, just giving you my opnion. Other than that I like.. Think it looks rather tough!

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
well lke I said unless you ask for it the top logo doesn't come with it...because I do agree that its a little too much advertising

· Premium Member
3,122 Posts
I can see the comments about the modern look not being appropriate for this rig. Though, I reckon this was designed for those who fully mod their truck for serious offroading.
I "fully mod" mine for serious offroading and wouldn't put that on my truck. The look is totally wrong on that vehicle, it hangs way too low. It also looks wierd where the top of the bumper meets the grille, it's just not clean.

· Registered
109 Posts
Is it just me, or does that thing look inspired by the stealth fighter?

The Bronco design reminds me of this bumper (know idea who makes it). The design fits the trucks orginal lines, apparently adding strength and protect without really sticking out as a standalone component. Especially underneath. To me, the skid plate is what throws things off the most. The angle are OK, I like the lights, the winch mount is OK. But the bottom jst doesn't work for me. What about making it a bolt on option? As for the advertising, I think it's be more tasteful to include the logo on the upper portion, unpainted or finished, as oposed to the giant cutout on the skid plate.

· No prepuce on my -
1,731 Posts
i'm also with stan and reptillikus on this, there is no way a modern bumper design like this belongs on a 78-9 bronco. it just looks completely wrong, might as well throw some 22" dubs on while you're at it.

i could "maybe" see it on the '92-96 body style.
X 4 for me....not on a 78-79...too much of the wrong, modern style...

good luck with that price. most of our trucks are worth $1300.
Agreed. Unless you have cash fallin out your rear....(which most of us don't) :toothless

· Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
hey if you guys decide you want the upper logo and not the one on the skid plate....just let me know...I will do that for anyone on here...no charge.... FSB members only

· Premium Member
1,073 Posts
...there is a $75 charge for the light delete....there is no name on the bumper when ordered with a receiver mount ($150)....

Should be a $75 credit for light delete, since you don't have any holes to cut or labor involved in mounting lights, nor the cost of the lights themselves. Same with the cut out IRON BULL should be a free option to not get it, since no labor or cost involved in not cutting it out.

Good luck with that price too.

· Registered
5 Posts
Honest opinion...

I'd have to agree that the hanging down portion should be changed. I feel that the bumper doesn't flow well with the front end of the Bronco especially at the ends - it looks like a guy with a pasted on moustache. However, it does look quite beefy and appears to be able to do the job a bumper should do. Guess I'm someone who likes form as well as function and a bumper should have both, IMO.

Hope this helps.

Russell

· Need a Bumper?
5,055 Posts
this is the only pic as this is the only one we have made so far....I can say there is no logo and the receiver comes out just below the winch mount

this is the best pic I can find of the receiver mount...hope it helps

Now I would put this on my superduty. How much? Is it the same $999.
Still wouldn't get one for my bronco

41 - 60 of 336 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.