Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I've been up to on my off time. Our bathroom shower was a dinky little fawker, 30x40 maybe. Had a whirlpool tub that hadn't been used in a few years. Decided to get rid of the tub and build a walk in shower.

What I started with. That window is going to be a problem.

Not a big deal, just have to move it to the corner of the bathroom.

And of course if your going to move the window you might as well paint the outside of the house. :banghead

Had to move a the plumbing around and establish the base for the shower.

Built a niche for shampoo bottles.

First layer of mud.

Put down the liner then another coat of mud over the top of this.

Durock up.

Redlined, first ledger board on ready for tile.

Duct tape works wonders.

Laid down the floor.

Might as well tile the floor now to. already ordered some new cabinets and replacing the countertop and sink.

Redneck shower curtain till the glass comes in.

Finally the finished project. Took me close to 4 months start to finish working on it when I had down time or on the weekends.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,512 Posts
That's cool. I honestly wish I could convince my landlord to build one of those and get rid of the fawking tub, which I can't comfortably lay down in anyway.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
nice work ranger! :thumbup

the single biggest thing I hate about owning a manufactured home is that making changes like that is a much bigger hassle to deal with. Someday we'll sell this tin-can and get a stick-built home.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
That's cool. I honestly wish I could convince my landlord to build one of those and get rid of the fawking tub, which I can't comfortably lay down in anyway.
Thanks Andy.

nice work ranger! :thumbup

the single biggest thing I hate about owning a manufactured home is that making changes like that is a much bigger hassle to deal with. Someday we'll sell this tin-can and get a stick-built home.
Thanks pepe. Should of seen the look on the wife's face when I told here I need to move the window. :histerica Rip off the siding, figure out where it needs to go and cut a hole. I built a new header when I reinstalled it and left the old header where it was. Really wasn't that big of a deal to get 'er done.

This is where the old shower used to reside. It was a tight fit to say the least. I'm going to turn it into a closet now.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,092 Posts
Look's like some fantastic work! :thumbup

Our 1/2 bath toilet handle broke last summer. While replacing it, the tank cracked..... All because of that, we remodeled the whole damn bathroom. :banghead

But it looks much better now without the 60's pink toilet.

Home projects in the very near future are, lights and ceiling fans on all the bedroom ceilings, and more power to the garage :rockon Just installed a three way switch this past weekend in the living room.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look's like some fantastic work! :thumbup

Thanks Scott. Best part about this job was I wasn't rushed. The old shower was still fully functional the entire time. It is so nice to step into this shower now compared to the old one.

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,787 Posts
I wanted to do this to our bathroom upstairs when we remodeled but the wife wanted a tub for bathing the baby. Then her dad and bro in law put it in and only got one big enough to fit in the doorway so now I am cramped in there. I have a place downstairs in the basement where there used to be one. The PO put in a Jacuzzi tub that I removed during the remodel. Now there is just a slab and drain there where I plan to put a shower. I am so glad that the remodeling is about over, it all started when the lateral lines off our septic collapsed and filled the basement with about 1" of sewage water doing about $15k in damages last year.

Looks good though man :thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
Thanks pepe. Should of seen the look on the wife's face when I told here I need to move the window. :histerica
Yea... I'll bet. :rofl::thumbup

We've got an extra tub in the master-bathroom that I'd love to rip out and slap another standup shower in... but these modulars are such a pain. Can't go to heavy or the floor gives, can't possibly go any lighter... they just aren't designed for change. Hell... I've got 2 big "picture" windows in the front room, where the fire place is. What I wouldn't give to be able to crack a window and kick up the fire.
I used to be a grunt for a home building carpenter, just us 2 working and we built 3 homes and a couple bad-ass garage/apartment/horse stall setups too. Really enjoyed the gig and learned a lot of good stuff (all back before I lost the foot). Can't use much of it on this damn cracker-box though. Oh well... some day I'll be cool like you. :goodfinge

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
I gotta show this to my dad. The asshats who built this place ****ed up the master bath when then built the house. Then they came in and ****ed it up again. So it still leaks and it's way past having it warrentied. He wants to put in something nicer but it always comes down to not enough cash. Also he's out of town a ton right now.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wanted to do this to our bathroom upstairs when we remodeled but the wife wanted a tub for bathing the baby. Then her dad and bro in law put it in and only got one big enough to fit in the doorway so now I am cramped in there. I have a place downstairs in the basement where there used to be one. The PO put in a Jacuzzi tub that I removed during the remodel. Now there is just a slab and drain there where I plan to put a shower. I am so glad that the remodeling is about over, it all started when the lateral lines off our septic collapsed and filled the basement with about 1" of sewage water doing about $15k in damages last year.

Looks good though man :thumbup
If you've got the spot to do it have at it. I read and read at http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/index.php and everything I needed to know I found there.

Beautiful work, absolutely gorgeous !
Thanks. :beer
Oh well... some day I'll be cool like you. :goodfinge
:toothless

I gotta show this to my dad. The asshats who built this place ****ed up the master bath when then built the house. Then they came in and ****ed it up again. So it still leaks and it's way past having it warrentied. He wants to put in something nicer but it always comes down to not enough cash. Also he's out of town a ton right now.
The glass was the most expensive part. I probably spent around 6K in material to get the job done. Everything but the faucet I bought from home depot, thank goodness they have 0% financing for a couple years.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Nice work Scott. I am sure your wife will love it for many years.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
nice work, so that where all this years bronco money went!

it never bothers me to move a window either, just remove it, cut another hole,add support,install window and fill in hole where window used to be,

done

·
Eric
2,624 Posts
Damn. Looks like one of those showroom "This Could Be Your Bathroom" displays.

Excellent work. :thumbup

Eric

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice work, so that where all this years bronco money went!
Nope, that is where the binder build money went! Poor ole binder sitting down at the shop all sad. I need to order the MII front end for it and that is 1800 bucks. Cant do that till I get back to truckin.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :beer

1 - 17 of 17 Posts