Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im intersted in getting one.. and was interested in what kinds you pros have.. links would be nice :thumbup

·
broncofied
1,476 Posts
All i do is jump the pins on the factory connector i don't have a code reader.:popc1:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
broncos&bombs said:
i bought one from wal mart for about 30 bucks or so. if you dont want to spend alot then that one should suffice.
wha? i didnt know they were that easy to come by... are they universal or something?

and that MIA sig is something else man :thumbup

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
RCF83 said:
wha? i didnt know they were that easy to come by... are they universal or something?
yeha basically it universal, anything with an obd 1, it gives a list onthe back of the package on what vehicles it works on.

RCF83 said:
and that MIA sig is something else man :thumbup
thanks bro

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
I use a standard paperclip.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
oh, hahaha, i just remembered. when i bought mine, i used it in the wal mart parkin lot, back behind the tire center. well, there are two things to plug in, a big trapazoid shaped plug and a small gray square one. somewhere, somehow i touched the wrong plug to the wrong thing on the scanner and the horn blew for about 5 minuets straight. i thought it was my buddy messin with me. i looked up and he was outside on the passenger side on the trauck with a bewildered look on his face. on top of this being embarassing, there was an explorer next to us and it woke up a sleeping baby. we got the evil eye from that woman.

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Here's mine. It's all you need to. Well, and a list of codes and their meanings(you can print out a list from Fordfuelinjection.com).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
broncos&bombs said:
oh, hahaha, i just remembered. when i bought mine, i used it in the wal mart parkin lot, back behind the tire center. well, there are two things to plug in, a big trapazoid shaped plug and a small gray square one. somewhere, somehow i touched the wrong plug to the wrong thing on the scanner and the horn blew for about 5 minuets straight. i thought it was my buddy messin with me. i looked up and he was outside on the passenger side on the trauck with a bewildered look on his face. on top of this being embarassing, there was an explorer next to us and it woke up a sleeping baby. we got the evil eye from that woman.

bahahah :rofl: thats hilarious

and streetgang thaks for the pic and link.. that one looks really sweet.. easy to use too :thumbup

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RLKBOB said:
Here's mine. It's all you need to. Well, and a list of codes and their meanings(you can print out a list from Fordfuelinjection.com).

i never understood how to do that.. gotta link explaining it? looks so simple.. but how do you get codes? :shrug

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
broncos&bombs said:
its pretty simple, you read the codes by watching the check engine light blink. the instructions you print off the web site(www.fordfuelinjection.com) will tell you what the different combination of blinks mean. thats the way it worked on my 84 caprice, should be basically the same.

hahah awesome.. ill give it a try tomorrow as i troubleshoot a bunch of shiat :banghead thanks

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
I just want to make sure everyone understands.

The diagnostic programing is in the EEC-IV computer, not in a code reader.

Thats why you don't need one. The code reader is just an expensive paper clip for people who cant count. Thats it.

The EEC-IV does the diagnosing, not the scanner.

·
Registered
511 Posts
RLKBOB said:

For all of us electonic MORONS (myself included in that)...your wire is rigged between the Grey connector and the white connector?....would those look pretty much the same on all different years? I drive a 95 and I've never opened the black box that houses all of the computer junk.

Because...to an amateur "jumper STI to SIG RTN at the DLC and STI connectors" doesn't mean JACK if you don't know what they look like. But that's the best picture that I've seen yet!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts