Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we know what time of year it is.... Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, in other words gift giving.. Ugh! So the U.P.S. guy comes with packages for our business. We open this one from our Insurance Co. and it's a 3 pound bag of dry roasted peanuts in the shell. I don't know the significance of such a gift but I found it to be a little odd. I send some things to other businesses like fruit, cheese and meat combos, you know the usual stuff along with a card.

The question is what is the strangest gift you have received, given, or wanted for personal or business ?

·
Registered
363 Posts
One time for like three years in a row my dad kept getting me the same exact Carolina Panthers sweatshirt. I have no idea why, I think he just kept forgetting he got that for me. Literally the same exact sweatshirt.

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
Peanuts are the norm here in Indiana.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
One time for like three years in a row my dad kept getting me the same exact Carolina Panthers sweatshirt. I have no idea why, I think he just kept forgetting he got that for me. Literally the same exact sweatshirt.
maybe he got a good deal on a bulk buy??

not sure the significance of the peanuts, at least it wasn't a horses head

·
Haunted
736 Posts
We open this one from our Insurance Co. and it's a 3 pound bag of dry roasted peanuts in the shell.
Better than socks or a lump of coal. :thumbup

·
Registered
363 Posts
maybe he got a good deal on a bulk buy??

not sure the significance of the peanuts, at least it wasn't a horses head

Yeah I dunno man, it's possible. But it seems like a really weird thing to bulk buy.

More likely my dad just forgot he'd gotten me that sweatshirt before.

One time on my birthday as a teenager (I think I was like 13 or 14) he got me a t-shirt for my birthday that I already had, and wore constantly.It's not like it was beat up either, so he wasn't trying to replace it...he just got me the same t-shirt I already had.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,239 Posts
Yeah I dunno man, it's possible. But it seems like a really weird thing to bulk buy.

More likely my dad just forgot he'd gotten me that sweatshirt before.

One time on my birthday as a teenager (I think I was like 13 or 14) he got me a t-shirt for my birthday that I already had, and wore constantly.It's not like it was beat up either, so he wasn't trying to replace it...he just got me the same t-shirt I already had.
He probably saw it and was like.... "I can see my son wearing that shirt!" :thumbup

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
For several years, my aunt sent me a gourmet nut assortment They were great once I got them out of the mailbox cluster. While the box they were in fit easily from behind for the USPS guy, they wouldn't come out the front. I had to spend 15-20 minutes surgically removing the package. It was a PITA.

·
Super Moderator
26,048 Posts
I got the entire '70s decade of Playboy when I was in a frat. The articles were really interesting... ;)
yo Steve, Did you come down with Palmitis after reading those "articles"?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,659 Posts
What kind of gift is this?

Sounds like a "nutty" kind of gift to me. What's the problem?
You prefer chinnuts to peanuts?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maybe they were saying you are nutty as a fruit cake.

-corn
What kind of gift is this?

Sounds like a "nutty" kind of gift to me. What's the problem?
You prefer chinnuts to peanuts?
You frickin guys, I was really asking to hear about odd gifts YOU have received. Just so you know I hate fruitcake and have NEVER had so called chinnuts :goodfinge

One time on my birthday as a teenager (I think I was like 13 or 14) he got me a t-shirt for my birthday that I already had, and WORE CONSTANTLY.It's not like it was beat up either, so he wasn't trying to replace it...he just got me the same t-shirt I already had.
Without more detail of said t-shirt, we will assume it was this one :smilie_slap

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,137 Posts
I worked for a company that made static free bench tops for the computer building industry. We were wood workers selling to computer people.

As an office gift to our better customers we would give a mallet, chisel, cutting board, & the giant 5 pound slab of Ghirardelli chocolate. It was odd, but always sounded like it was a big hit. We thought the wood working tools kinda represented our business. With that in mind, is your peanut giver sorta nuts?

Maybe he figured that it was something he knew for sure that you'd like. :shrug At that age it's hard to tell.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts