Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this question is so stupid that I'll get flamed even in this forum.

BUT I don't like riding around without a way to change my a tire and I'm stumped. I bought the Bronco used, I can't find the jack (or even where it might be stored), and when I went to the auto parts store they only had these puny little jacks which won't even reach or these hunking big wheelie things that will take up half the cargo hold.

So (covering head) - where is the jack stored? And if I need to buy one, what kind should I get, and what should the weight capacity be?

:banghead

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine is located under the hood on the passenger side fender. on the drivers side fender is where the lug wrench is located. If you dont have it and are not lifted, you could get one of the small 2 ton jacks for cheap from Walmart or you could get a nice hi-lift jack :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is located under the hood on the passenger side fender. on the drivers side fender is where the lug wrench is located. If you dont have it and are not lifted, you could get one of the small 2 ton jacks for cheap from Walmart or you could get a nice hi-lift jack :p
Nothing is modified on this Bronco, as far as I can tell. I'm going out to the desert so I want something that's going to be able to deal with a possible soft surface. I looked at some smaller hydraulic jacks at the auto parts store but there's no way they're tall enough. What's a hi-lift jack and where do I get one? Thx.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi-lifts are kinda expensive i think, I run the sand dunes up here in Michigan and since im not lifted , i use a scissor jack, bout 20" of lift and they work fairly well. I understand about the sand, a board works wonders. one that is about the same size as your console and will fit right in will do the job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Thanks, that's just what I was after. Love this site.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For the beach we use a 12" x 3/4" square piece of plywood as a base for a jack. If you need to get a different jack than stock make sure the board and jack base match size wise.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have a 6 ton Torin bottle jack that lifts my truck up fine. I also have a hi lift but i rarely use it to jack my truck up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey i have that crafts man 2-1/4 ton jack and it broke trying to lift my bronco... tryed to return it and didn't have a receipt thought all crafts man stuff was lifetime but no.. only one year warranty for these jacks and with proof of receipt..

so i used the stock jack.. the one inside the hood worked fine but i was at home and had no rush or anything like that... looking for a hi lift now...

·
Super Moderator
4,886 Posts
The problem with the Craftsman 2-1/4 ton jack, since I have that same one, is that it can only go straight up and down. If there's any sideways tweak on it, such as a slight incline or the like, it'll fold in on itself and be done for. I'm not the biggest fan of them except for strict garage use only.

If you're looking for a jack for use in the sand, one of these would be awesome:

http://www.bushranger.com.au/xjack.php

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tire iron is in the Bronco but not the jack. So I'll probably stop by a Sears and pick something up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts