Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious.. Why did you guys go with the older 78-79 body style over the newer ones?

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
less plastic.

had a '95 F150 and holy sweet jesus... everything rattled in that damn thing.

and look at all that room under the hood...

already SASed

hell, i just like them better. its your basic truck. No bull, less complicated.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
less plastic.

had a '95 F150 and holy sweet jesus... everything rattled in that damn thing.

and look at all that room under the hood...

already SASed

hell, i just like them better. its your basic truck. No bull, less complicated.

You know, thats one thing I did notice. This thing is 30 yrs old and it only slightly rattles when I am rolling down a dirt road at 35-40.. Even then its not that bad.. My old 2001 Chevy blazer rattled like it had 450k miles on it and it only had 55k!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
had a '78 when i was high school.(sigh)good times.it also made me realize, several years and trucks later, they are well built, and can take a ton of abuse...even in stock form.
ford made the best trucks IMHO..
the 78-79 were the best of the trucks, plus they look great.

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
Did Ford make another year? I thought they stopped in 79.:histerica

Hmm, do I have enough time to answer that?

OK, when I was 17 I went to the local Ford dealer with my dad and bought a bone stock brand new 79 F-150 Ranger XLT 4x4. Long story short I had a pretty bad wreck with it when I was 19. I hopped from beater to beater for a while and then got back into a 79 F-250 with 44's. I eventually sold that to buy a 79 Bronco, the black one (should of kept it), and held onto that for about 4 years. Then I picked up a goldish colored Bronco and put a little bit in to that to trade it for my F-250. Since then I have probably had another 4-5 DD's and 20 parts trucks. I'm hooked, have been since I was 17. I'll die with one, no doubt.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,541 Posts
Could you pass this up for $800? We couldn't - FSB's are awesome.. My dad wanted a Blazer to wheel, I steered him to the wonderful world of Bronco's

Sorry - no resize at work. Here are some small pictures.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my reasons are quite simple and sentimental .. My dad had this body style since my birth and it was to be mine when I was 16.. However, some minority decided they wanted it more and cowardly stole it from a store parking lot when I was about 10.. I told myself , " one day I will buy one and build it with my Dad".. Here we are.. in Dec of 07 I had some left over cash from Xmas and picked up mine.. The builds already begun. Lifts on its way as are the wheels and tires.

It will be an addiction

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ranger! That green and gold one I would give my left arm for! Not the right though, I whack off too much with the right and am not amadextrious..

Wow.. Awesome color scheme

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
And that my friend is the diary of a Mad Man...Ford Mad that is

I too have always liked the looks of the old ford trucks!
so when I saw one and I could get it, I knew it was meant to be
I have always thought they had a Badass look to them...They just look Mean

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
Grew up a farm boy..in an area that was only farms around and everyone ran IHC trucks..big and small. Loved the Travelall and Scout both and still play with Scouts. But...in 1978, with IHC on its way out, the farm next to ours bought a brand new '78 Bronc to replace their wore-out Travelall. I think the first time I saw it done it for me..but then driving it took care of the rest.

Funny thing was..ny old pappy went with Dodges after IHC went tango uniform, but never bought the Ramcharger..just their 2x4 and 4x4 trucks.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
They take a better beating than a disobedient hooker from a pimp and come back for more, and they can be had cheap.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/BW1356
1,541 Posts
was that $800 with the tires? if so that is a hell of a deal
800 bucks with tires, wheels, lift, built 400, headers, a spare solid 44 for my SAS, the 9" has a Detroit and the 44 has an Auburn L/S - it wasn't a deal, it was friking armed robbery!

·
Premium Member
12,536 Posts
And that my friend is the diary of a Mad Man...Ford Mad that is
Who me? That is pretty much how it goes. I seem to have become more addicted in my older age tho.

Ranger! That green and gold one I would give my left arm for! Not the right though, I whack off too much with the right and am not amadextrious..

Wow.. Awesome color scheme
:histerica I only gave the guy 500 bucks for that one to. It didn't run worth a crap when I got it and the paint was faded but a buffer brought it right back. That was probably close to 13 years ago now.

IHC huh Bill? My father in law has an old KB-1 International that he had all restored, bone stock original other than paint and new seat upholstery. He has said that it will be mine when he passes. Gotta love the crank out windshield.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need to run across more of these ($500.00) deals.. Man they are expensive here in az for the 78-79's..

·
formerly Nascarfreak88
1,809 Posts
$500 deals around here are usually beaters.

i paid $1800 for mine. which was a waste after out i found out the cab was made entirely of bondo

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
$500 deals around here are usually beaters.

i paid $1800 for mine. which was a waste after out i found out the cab was made entirely of bondo
I was about 5 mins away from signing the title on a 78 $2500.00till I too discovered it was a bondomobile.. It was an all az bronco, 4inch lift on 33's but man.. Once he backed it out of the back yard and I got a look at the bondo chipping off, I was like "later!"

1 - 20 of 101 Posts