Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
I don't see anything that says off road use only. The only thing I see is the * on the part # wich says not for use in pollution controlled motor vehicles at the bottom of the page.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see anything that says off road use only. The only thing I see is the * on the part # wich says not for use in pollution controlled motor vehicles at the bottom of the page.
i stand corrected, so what makes it un-smog friendly?

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
im not sure about the smog thing, but dang....it looks like its slightly over priced. Doesn't say jack about what kind of crank it has or if its a roller ready block or not. Doesn't include a cam or timing gears.....

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
And the fact that they make stock replacement 351s but not 302s is enough to piss anyone off.

Or maybe thats just me?

·
I see Broncos
6,011 Posts
i stand corrected, so what makes it un-smog friendly?
I can only guess the mill is diffrent enough to where you can't put smog legal heads on it. Sorry that's all I got.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,342 Posts
I think they just put that on everything to cover their butt's. Over half the stuff in the catalog has that asterick by it.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And the fact that they make stock replacement 351s but not 302s is enough to piss anyone off.

Or maybe thats just me?
must just be you, 302's have been done and done to death. lol

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,529 Posts
Ford is selling an engine that is not a direct replacement to production engines. Production engine replacements must be at least EPA 49-state approved to be used in a pollution-control vehicle, let alone CARB approved.
This one is marketed as a race engine; therefore they have not pursued approval for it; costs money to do that.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
therefore they have not pursued approval for it; costs money to do that.
Ding ding ding, we have a wiener! :D Every CARB-approved part must demonstrate that it will not adversely effect emissions, and Ford...well...you know. They're cheap fawks. :toothless

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts