Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used this search "2150 vacuum gauge site:www.fullsizebronco.com" and a few other variations of it, nothing specific to a step by step or pictures returned in my search. This Google method is far more accurate on narrowing down threads, far better than many of the older forum Search formats.

There's this thread http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211633 but it doesn't exactly cover my process for an 83' w/302 and Motorcraft 2150 2bbl

I am new to carbs, coming from EFI and computers, the old methods are new to me. My acceleration is flat, thought the MPG seems to stay around the same 10-12. I removed the CAT last night, helped a good amount, but still flat.

Curious if the PO adjusted the carb trying to account for other issues etc
What ports do I connect my gauge to?

I have a PDF that has the gauge diagram with indication of possible issues, just unsure where to connect the gauge to.

Here's my vacuum diagram, though some of the colors are faded, I tried to trace them the best I could. Smog pump and A/C are long removed:

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
MAN(ifold) VAC(uum)....one shows on the right side of the carb "circle", another on the rearward part of the manifold. I'd probably "T" off the manifold one in the back....less distance to the compartment.

The only "supply" line to avoid is anything going to the distributor (timed port).

·
Banned
6,552 Posts
You don't connect the gauge to the carb for general diagnosis & tuning - you connect it to straight manifold vacuum. You'd only tap into a vacuum line to test that specific line's function.

·
Forward Some Money
5,047 Posts
Guess if I'd followed the carb circle one, I would have seen the PV (power valve)....lol. Pretty hard to tap that one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the bad thing about purchasing used vehicles. At some point, someone thought they knew better than the engineer's. The vacuum lines are a mess, I really need to sort what is actually needed, eliminate the emissions crap.

What about the TCP? I think that is the one I capped off properly, the PO had a hose with a bolt in it when I bought it. It's at the base of the carb mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts