Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of getting some seats but i have no idea what kind to get.. id rather get some seats out of another car/truck then over pay for some cheap ass bucket seats.. saw a bronco on cl that had some real nice ones and now im into the idea.

i would rather have a nice warm pace for my a$$ then a hard f'in plastic bucket form autozone.

lets hear what yall got..

·
I see Broncos
6,007 Posts
Most comfortable seats I've had in the Bronco were ones out of a Previa. But I could never get the mounting right because I was limited to bolt-together cobbling. THe other real nice seat configuration I have seen out there were seats out of a last generation Celica.

·
Ford Hoarder
6,437 Posts
I like the explorer seats in my 92. they came out of a 98 eddie bauer. Best part is they bolt right on to the 92 seat brackets. Had to wire up the lumbar support but no big deal. I had subaru wrx seats in mine, which are a lot like the celica seats above. They were nice however, if your truck is lifted the boulster on the side is sometimes a paint to get over. It also needs fixed now becuase I slide over mine all the time.

I took these out and put the explorer seats in, going to use those in the mustang instead

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I'm looking for better seats in my future.. I HAAATE my half back seats... prefer to have something that will work with a 5 point... that reclines some and slides forward/back

·
Banned
4,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jon, check out the second post in this thread.
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83243

I also keep thinking about the explorer seats, but I can't do without the armrest. Then I see the expedition center console and like that allot as well.
yea i know someone who runs the f250 bench seat.. just hard as hell to find around here for a good price.

explore seats are nice..

i found a set of evo 8 seats for 450 on cl tempting but prices

·
Forward Some Money
5,011 Posts
99 Explorer 2 door. Modified the Explorer frame to fit the Bronco floor so I could retain the 6 way adjustment.

RE: the cl bronco you linked....I find it hard to believe someone went to the trouble of having whatever those are reupholstered to match the original pattern.......and then half-assed the newer console install.:doh0715:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
99 Explorer 2 door. Modified the Explorer frame to fit the Bronco floor so I could retain the 6 way adjustment.

RE: the cl bronco you linked....I find it hard to believe someone went to the trouble of having whatever those are reupholstered to match the original pattern.......and then half-assed the newer console install.:doh0715:
I was thinking the same on the seats, they do look good though. How is the console halfassed?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I also keep thinking about the explorer seats, but I can't do without the armrest. Then I see the expedition center console and like that allot as well.
I'm thinking of going with this combo. I already have a set of power/heated explorer seats sitting in the garage. I may go to the pick-n-pull this weekend and get me a expedition console.

·
Forward Some Money
5,011 Posts
I was thinking the same on the seats, they do look good though. How is the console halfassed?
See how far forward it is? They did that because the floor contours are different between the '92 up and '91 back. Rather than make a "shim" or filler piece, it was shoved forward until it "fit".

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
See how far forward it is? They did that because the floor contours are different between the '92 up and '91 back. Rather than make a "shim" or filler piece, it was shoved forward until it "fit".
I did see that, but I just assumed that the seats were so far back for picture purposes. Guess not.

·
Banned
38,721 Posts
Are the Ex seats power? These have 3-way power bases & lumbar, but the recline is manual. They require custom floor adapters.

. .

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I have seats out of a '98 stang. Cloth and foam was in really good shape and I got the driver's seat power base and the manual for passenger side too boot.
Now here is the Good part! I paid $75 for all of it. I took the 3 way power seat base and sold it for $88 on Ebay. I just sold the manual track for $25, and still have the 3way control switch up for auction starting at $10. I still have the old Bronco Captains chairs as well.
So far my switch has paid me $38 and waiting on the switch.

:beer twotu:

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Are the Ex seats power? These have 3-way power bases & lumbar, but the recline is manual. They require custom floor adapters.

I have a spare power base for my '01 Mountaineer. I tried using it when putting the stang seats in , No Go. Shimming would not help to put it in since the angles and spacing at the bolts are totally different.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts