Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what size lift i should get for my '96 bronco i am kina short on money. I have about $1000 for a lift and i would like a good lift for lots of wheeling. Pretty decent size. What should i get?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i truly dont know i would like to have a lift with quiet a bit of clearence.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
theres a multitude of companys making 6 inch and I think skyjacker makes an 8 inch...Im running a procomp 6 with 35's on my bko.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well how high does it sit when you stand next to it. Do you have to crawl in to it. I was thinking about a 6 in. but i wasnt shure that is big enough.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I guess it depends on tire size if you want bigger than 35 without trimming go 6", if 35 or under tires go 4". Actually even with 35 and a 4" you might have to trim with 35's. The 3rd gen body style 92-96 have smaller wheel wells than the 91 and earlier.

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
I can get in by grabbing on to the roll cage and stepping on my rock slide...but I'm 6'2" my wife on the other hand practically has to jump into it...shes on 5' 2"

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So does your head go to like the bottom of the the window or is it smaller

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well im about 6'2" and i have a 6" superlift and 35" tires on my bronc and its pretty easy to get in plus its just tall enuf to keep the fat chicks out, i have a freind that has to put her nee on the floor boreds to get in but its because shes only like 5' tall, and hey if all else fails and some hot short chick cant get into ypur bronc give her a push lol. So if you plain to go any bigger than a 35" tire and dont plan to put a body lift on it you better buy an 8" suspension lift because my tires will rub just a little if you do some extreme off roading.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts