Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size thread is the pipe on the back of the motor. I believe it connects to the air pump. It connects the the back of the cylinder heads. Most of my emission stuff is gone. When I put the new engine in, the air pump seized up and I just re-moved it. I capped off that pipe, but the cap fell off and now it sounds like crap. So I need to redo it again

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
anyone get that thread size?

i dont have the time to wait for ryan to ship em, so i need to head to home depot to get some pipe caps for the back of the heads,

FYI: my emissions equip. failed along time ago so it was removed and since i had GT40 heads with NO ports i didnt need it anyway, now i have been forced to put the E7's back on and NEED to cap the ports since i dont have any kind of emissions equipment on except for the EGR, i kept the EGR

need the thread size

any help?

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
yeah shes a biggin, 9/16 was too small and 5/8 was too big, then i couldnt get the thread pitch right, it was a headache and i wasted about $10.........then finally said fawk it and placed my order with Ryan

thanks for the help tho guys.......

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,357 Posts
There's two holes. Ones the port, the other is where the bolt goes in to hole the crossover tube on. Buy the cover plates and use the 5/16 bolt like I said.

So no FAIL.....:haha

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
:lolup

yeah i was tryin to get a bolt to thread in the threaded ports, thought about a cover plate and thought about turning the crossover backwards to block it but didnt want to risk a leak and have to go back, got to throw this thing together and runnin in 30 days due to a foreclosure :cry

atleast ill finaly get to drive it again after almost a year :banghead

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,357 Posts
I don't think you can turn it around backwards due to the check vavle might hit the intake :shrug But you could cut and weld the ends shut.

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
its alright, not only did i order the plugs but i also got some resistors and stuff to complete my harness, next ill hit him up for a 3G and maybe a new tuned MAF but thatll come later once everything is straightened out and runnin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts