Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so this is what i wake up to at 5am:

yeah thats it a flat motorcycle tire. Alright no biggy i wont ride to school today. ill take my truck park in the parking garage and be done with it. The other day i happen to look at the garage entrance and notice the dangly pole sayin the height max was 8' 2" just like this:

so i head up there thinking i have a good foot clearance (my truck stands between 6' 11" and 7') so i get my ticket go through the gate and the first thing i see not even 5 feet inside the gate is yet another dangly pole saying 7'2"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF am i supposed to park AT the freakin gate? why not just put 7'2" outside?!?! All in all i made it with what seemed like less than an inch to spare and sustained no damage...end rant...

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I know I fit under 7 ft but it still makes me nervous

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha jack you might be makin it a convertable....seriously tho they need to fix that shiz

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea my truck fit in a parking garage with 7'0 clearance... i actually nudged the dangly pipes a few times... but hit nothing solid... i had maybe 1/2" clearance to the concrete...lol
yeah i didnt hit the dangly pipes or anything but the concrete was hella close...people were honkin and crap cuz i was driving slow, i didnt want any bounce and run the risk of bouncing up into the concrete

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Your lucky, our garages are 6'8" all of em, of course i dont take the bronco down there, but if i did, that would suck.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
At least your bike didn't fall off the stand. You should have seen my reaction when I found mine in the morning laying on its side a few years ago.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least your bike didn't fall off the stand. You should have seen my reaction when I found mine in the morning laying on its side a few years ago.
yeah my roomates bike was out side at our old apartment and a huge storm came through and his bike cover acted like a sail and we got out there the next morning and it was on its side...

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you've got a way to air back up, you could drop the air in your tires for a couple inches in the parking garage. Too much of a hassle in my opinion, but if you absolutely needed it.

That's rediculous about the dropping height warnings.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah i thought about dropping pressure, but i dont have on board air....

·
Chrome gets me home
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Eh, you needed a new one anyway.
haha yeah it was a DOT/Race tire, so i wasnt ever too worried about the lack of tread, that mother stuck to the road like no ones bizness when it was at temp.
it wouldnt pass inspection tho, so now ill get a new tire and an up to date inspection

·
Registered
13,875 Posts
I had to take my CB antenna off once in a parking garage because it kept catching the ceiling. Haven't parked in that garage since.

·
Like them tires spinnin'
846 Posts
Man, I don't know why your lift is so tall compared to others. This chick Stacy I knew from TAMOR would drive in and out of the West Campus garage like nothing and she had 6" suspension and 3" body lift and 35's on her Tahoe. Your truck sits abnormally high for what your are running I think.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts