Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a new IAC cause mine was under warranty and not ohming out right. well the replacement one has a spring on the plunger shaft inside of it. is this normal. none of the others i have gotten have this

let me know soon please as i can take this one back if it is the wrong one.

thanks

ken

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
My IAC = idle air control valve has a spring loaded plunger inside with a "solenoid" attached using 2 screws....and you snap on the harness connector to it.......do a search on Kragens or Autozone etc....for the correct part number for your year BKO.......easy peasy!

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is the correct part number i already looked it up. it is just wierd becuase none of the others i have seen have it

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it is from the zone and all theirs are rebuilt so might be.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
If you're not happy with it take it back and go to Napa...........can't go wrong there.....:thumbup

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im finding myself less happy with Duracrap parts and the service ive been getting from all of their stores, the past few years save for the one in Royse City... I took back motor mounts that didnt fit, and I mean it was obvious that the bolt holes were not even, even took in the original, showed it to the manager who treated me like I was an idiot, he boxed them up and put them back on the shelf.... I gladly took my money back at that point instead of getting others... granted I was a little hot for having to take motor back out for a second time cuz i couldnt get them on... On my Trans am they told me (different store) that my alternator was bad even though it never dropped below 12+ on my gauge when I had an itermitant problem with turning the key, everything powered up but no cranky... so I finally gave in, swapped my alt, only to have the problem persist. I get a starter from them, install, connect battery to have the car trying to start itself... second starter no problem... then a week later, driving halfway between longview and dallas on I20, the new alternator dies... Hello Oreillys! hmmm prolly shoulda started a new thread ranting about part stores as I didnt help you at all....

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well my ford dealership doesnt stock parts for a 94 bronco. this is my DD and i go to the zone. the one here is really helpful and they have gone out of there way to help me out. hell they sent a driver 100 miles away to pick up a part for me a few times. i have no problem. if i get a faulty part i return it and get another one. no worries there either. this is just wierd, same part number and all, just has a spring on the plunger shaft.

·
Registered
472 Posts
it is the correct part number i already looked it up. it is just wierd becuase none of the others i have seen have it
Could be the wrong part inside the right box.
Could be that the one you got this time came from a different vendor than the last one you bought. These big-box stores don't make the parts they sell, they get them from the cheapest bidder.

If it was me, I'd put it on and see how it works.
FWIW, my '89 Motorcraft IAC has a spring.

DGW

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well im not putting it on yet. my truck went tits up today and i got a code 512 from it. all the research ive done says the computer has failed. im pulling it today to see if anything internally is burned up

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
yo Ken,
This is my 3rd attempt tp post this; thanks to Comcast!
Look up the Correct Ford motor craft part # using this;

Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) Decal,
Vacuum Diagrams & Calibration Parts List for 88 & UP.
On-Line for Free at Ford. Click "Quick Guides" in left panel;
Scroll to & CLICK VECI Labels "Provides Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI)
and a related calibration parts list
Enter applicable info (need to know your Calibration number from your B-pillar sticker).
Vacuum Diagram is the same as the one on the core support or hood or air filter cover.
Source: by Ford motorcraftservice.com
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirs/retail/default.asp?pageid=&gutsid=
Ford calls it da Throttle Air By-Pass
I tried 4 diff Cal #'s and all show PN F4TZ 9F715-A

and this is exactly the same as in my 96 5.0

BUT, Ford changed pn to:
Part Name: Idle Air Control Valve
Manufactured By: Motorcraft
Part Description: F6TE-9F715-HA
Part Number: 9F715 (CX-1666) Price: $96.20

Discount Prices on the Ford MC Part #
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000C5DHXK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I get my Ford parts via Troy Ford via AMAZON; they are VG at delvy and esp pricing; I bought a $150.00 DPFE Sensor for $50.00 with free shipping and no sales tax!
Same Discount for the IAC too!

--------

Also
"...Advance Auto Parts IACs come in a Wells box (IIRC), but have a MotorCraft PN pin-printed into them..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25878
-------
btw, where did your other Post go on this IAC?

These are the Hitachi style IACs

Hitachi Idle Air Control Valve Recommended Cleaning Procedure
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/media/231296

Know someone with an oscilloscope or advanced diggie MM with freq display?
Waveform, Good, Scroll down; "...This is a typically good ford idle air control (IAC) motor waveform. The Ford IAC waveform has its own unique "sawtooth" signature. The IAC valve is being pulsed and the duty cycle determines the volume of air through the valve. A 100% duty cycle is fully open and a 0% duty cycle is fully closed. When checking this solenoid look for dropouts or spikes in the waveform that could indicate a problem..."
Source: by omitec.com http://www.omitec.com/en/support/waveforms/

--
Waveforms, Bad, Scroll down; "...This waveform was captured using the lab scope. This is a good example of how an alternator with a bad diode can affect other signals that the ECM looks at. In this case it is an IAC motor. When viewing waveforms that have a lot of hash always look at the alternator diode pattern as a possible cause..."
Source: by omitec.com http://www.omitec.com/en/support/waveforms/

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
Of course I missed the DTC 512 !!!
(M)
Memory power (PCM pin 1) was interrupted - Was battery disconnected ?

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
more on Continuous Memory DTC 512
indicates the PCM has experienced a power interrupt in its Keep Alive Memory (KAM) circuit.

NOTE:
If KAPWR is interrupted to the PCM, for example when installing a breakout box, or when battery is disconnected, DTC 512 may be stored in Continuous Memory.
Make sure you have a good ground at G101 (passenger side of engine compartment, near battery).
- RH = Passenger side; mine has 2 small black wirres near starter relay
Key off.
Disconnect Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
Inspect for damaged or pushed out pins, corrosion, loose wires, etc. Service as necessary.
Install breakout box, leave PCM disconnected. You can use a multi-meter
Measure voltage between Test Pin 1 and Test Pin 40 or 60 at the breakout box.
While observing DVOM, grasp the EEC-IV harness and wiggle, shake or bend a small section while working from the PCM to the dash panel.
Does DVOM indicate less than 10.5 volts?

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yo! miesk5 no worries about that at all. i pulled the ECM and it is fried. the capacitors inside burned and leaked on the board. it happened to all of them, one was worse then the others. im trying to locate a pcm now

thanks

and since you are all pic whores. here you go, you can see it to the left of the capacitor. it is all the black stuff on the board

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
yo!
good pic! thanks, now I can sleep at night!

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
feel free to use that pic on your site if you want too. basically what happened the capacitor leaked out and fried the board where it leaked out. according to some trusted speed shops that flash and reprogram this is a known problem for the 89-99 ford ECM's

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
ok, I will add it asap.
ty!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts