Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i'll be getting my lift soon, and get decide which tires to get... its a choice between the super swamper tsl radials, bfg mud terrains, or the trxus at's (i decided between these 3 as for my price range!).... the thing is, i want a tire that looks good, makes some noise, and lasts more than a few months! i drive about 50 miles a day, and go offroading about once every 3 months (if that!)... do yall have any suggestions as to any of these, as to length time, and what kind of conditions the 3 are good for (rain, ice, gravel, ROAD, mud, etc..) thanks a lot - kenny

and incase yall are wondering, im still deciding on the skyjacker or rough country 4" lift, and then some 33/12.50's to go along with it... and i KNOW that i can fit 33's stock, but i want plenty of clearance, and some height added to my b"otch! and before i get the "thats just not enough" crap, i just got a new rearend with the 3.55's and everything else that is contained in the WHOLE housing, and do not have the money for upgrades such as brake-lines, gears, bearings, yadda yadda till i get ahold of michael dell and he gives me ownership! just lettin ya know...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
well for doing 50 miles a day. and wheeling once every 3 months. i say bfg muds. or the A/T. Any tire with no siping like muds , tsl's wont perform in rain like an A/T. or in packed snow they dont do as well. in loose snow they dig better though. and with any high void tire gravel gets caught in the voids and once you start going fast the rocks fling up and hit the truck.
also consider the goodyear MT/R. i have em they are good off-roaders. they make noise. and so far they last. they do great in the rain. dont know about snow. and when i had them priced out they were 13 bucks more per tire than bfg's.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thanks man, well, i think i have narrowed it down a bit more... its now between the tsl's or the mud terrains (keep in mind that the tsl's are about 5 dollars cheaper!, haha, jk) but do you know anything about tread life for 50-100 miles a day for the 2?

also, ROUND AND BLACK NUMBER? WTF?!!

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
i would say go with the mud terrains thats what im planning on getting. since its a daily driver i think that mud terrains would last you WAY longer than the TSLs and because you only go 4 wheeling like once every 3 months i would favor something thats going to last longer over something really agressive. also why does it matter how much noise they make? if you want some good noise id would get a nice exhaust :D anyway just my 2 cents

·
College User
2,026 Posts
Just get some radial 33s, the duellers or some of the metrics ones 305 or something like that. If you never use them off road buy aggressive tires for offroading and switch them everytime. 33in retreads are like 50 a piece fireguy posted the link once before, if ya want cheap.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
yeah for how many files he drives i would want AT's. that much offroad. my friend has TSL's on his f-150 and they are loud and wear bad. he didnt get many miles out of them. he is waiting until closer to winter then getting some MT's

·
Registered
245 Posts
BadassBronco said:
get the BFG mt's. or better yet, AT's. it will work the best, and last the longest for you.
yup. hopefully they'll still make enough noise for you. :brownbag

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
brigestone dueler ats or Remington Wide Brute RVs are what i'd go with.

definitely stick with an A/T style, it will serve your needs much better

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
i had bfg ats and loved them. they didnt make too much noise, suited me fine for the light wheeling i did, and lasted a long time. thats my opinion and would be my choice for once every 3 months wheeling, the other too wear too fast

wes

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
well, thanks for your opinions and help everyone... i decided against the tsl's (thank GOD!) and have been looking at the trxus's lately, and theyre lookin worse and worse every time! i think im going to go with either the bfg at or mt like yall said... havent decided YET... prices are about the same, so my cheap ass dosnt have to worry about that! but thanks a lot for your opinions... - kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts